Respected Contributor

Re: Love/Hate relationship with Lori Goldstein

As much as I love Logo I wish she would stop layering so much on TV. More women would buy not that she has any problems selling. It looked like an Easter egg hunt today. Less is more.

I would overheat in all those layers in the summer.

Respected Contributor

I get tangled up in my PJs at night, I can't imagine how I would do with several layers.

Honored Contributor

On 4/21/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

I get tangled up in my PJs at night, I can't imagine how I would do with several layers.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

I personally don't think her style would look good on me at all. And I'm basing that on how the larger models look with multiple hanging down layers.

However, I think Lori's onstage personality seems very sweet and likeable. I can see why someone would want to work with her.

Contributor

Leeith, I totally agree with you. I never see the hosts or models dressed like that unless they are hawking Lori's stuff. I have purchased several of her tops to wear alone, but I am a small/med 5/3" - they looked weird on me & I sent them back. I figure they probably look great on tall girls who are zeros and some things I can't wear. Lori's layering styles don't appeal to me, especially the off white "U" shaped hems under shark-bite hems. It's distracting and ugly … but then that is just my opinion. On a positive note, she did seem to start the asymmetrical hem thing on the Q and I love the shark-bite hem. I have a couple from D&C and would love it if they made more. I have a couple, and they look so cute on. That long point on the sides looks good - even on a shortie {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Regular Contributor

LORI is not saying that you HAVE to wear 3 and 4 layers, she is just showing options. Use your own judgement. I wouldn't clarify it as a relationship she doesn't know you, AND if you used your own sense of style to dress you wouldn't be so frustrated. No one has a gun to your head. This thread makes no sense.

Trusted Contributor

I am very self-conscious of my waist and hips. I like the longer tops that glide over that area. I think when layering several pieces of clothing, it would make me feel very big & wide. Sometimes Lori does an ensemble that looks cute. But when she does over 3+ pieces...I know it would never ever be flattering on my body type.

I happened to flip on the show today when she buttoned an off white vest over several layers on the model. Then she threw on a scarf around the neck and it was way over the top. The model looked wide & was not a good look at all. If it had been a few less layers, minus the scarf and the vest was a dark color... it probably would have looked much better. But some ladies can get away with this look...I know it is not me though.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor

I just can't watch her or her clothes, they are both too kooky for me.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for her clothes. However, I am glad QVC has her on for people who do like her clothes.

I know there are clothes I like (Joan Rivers) that other people don't.

Respected Contributor

On 4/21/2014 Peri-doe said:

LORI is not saying that you HAVE to wear 3 and 4 layers, she is just showing options. Use your own judgement. I wouldn't clarify it as a relationship she doesn't know you, AND if you used your own sense of style to dress you wouldn't be so frustrated. No one has a gun to your head. This thread makes no sense.

{#emotions_dlg.confused1} Makes perfect sense to me.