Honored Contributor

Re: Love/Hate relationship with Lori Goldstein

I like some of the plainer tops because the colors are beautiful. If I were to buy anything (which I can't afford) I would wear only my body length Genie bras under it over pants or jeans. I would never layer them.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

When you wear 3 layers of her clothing, which she wears, you are spending at least $150. Oh, that's right, she wants you to layer.

Super Contributor

On 4/21/2014 annabellethecat said:

I don't care for her clothes. However, I am glad QVC has her on for people who do like her clothes.

I know there are clothes I like (Joan Rivers) that other people don't.

I don't like about 3/4 of the clothing (and/or the vendors who sell the clothing) QVC sells, so I don't watch those shows.

I only watch Susan, Renee and Lori and on occasion Belle Gray.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/21/2014 Kathleen said:
On 4/21/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:
On 4/21/2014 Kathleen said:
On 4/21/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

I'm trying to figure out how 3 and 4 layers of clothing can possibly be comfortable.

Fabrics are quite lightweight.

But after you've put on that many layers (of her clothing or any clothing) I would think it would just feel weird. And pulling tops over each other seems like it would be awkward as the fabrics wouldn't slide easily, and dealing with sleeves? And then keeping them all looking neat/straight and not bunched. I'd be constantly tugging and pulling at everything. Ugh, I can't imagine.

I think if you wear your clothes close-fitting - bunching might be a problem.

I wear undergarments made for knits - they are slippery and your knits don't bunch up.

I wear her tops often layered with one other piece. To get more mileage out of the 3/4 sleeves in the colder month, I layer a long sleeve tee (not another LOGO top) underneath...and some of the tops are a bit too low cut for work, so I layer a tank or skinny tee underneath them.

Never have a problem with things bunching or laying properly.

I also on occasion layer up 3 pieces...when I'm doing something like I mentioned above and I add a cardigan over top.

Honored Contributor

Okay. But, guess what? You aren't "every woman"! What was the point of this post anyway? You don't like the look. We get and we really don't care because those who do (I am not one of them) aren't buying clothes for YOU, they ar buying for themselves. We get it. Some of you, for some odd reason, find that layered, hankerchief hem look threatening and upsetting. I don't know why? Do you? The great part of living and dressing today is that women are free to express themselves. We can be individuals we can dress in a manner that please us and makes us feel good. You know there are women who hate the way YOU dress. There are women who think your style is old fashioned and boring and dull. But you don't see them on the board post after post after post witching about Louis and his "ugly" clothes. So, stop knocking other women's choices and their favorite designers and tell us what you LOVE and how you wear it and how you style it. Have some fun for a change!

Trusted Contributor

I agree: Lori goes overboard with the layering and color-mixing. Some of her pieces are very nice, though I personally prefer most of them worn on their own or perhaps two at a time in more "traditional" ways. On the other hand, I absolutely love her creativity and her sense of fun in putting together pieces and colors in unexpected ways. Lori is so personable, and her genuine enthusiasm about her line and about creative dressing is infectious. I wouldn't wear many of the outfits in the configurations she shows, but I'd kind of hate to miss seeing what she comes up with. I always enjoy her shows!

Respected Contributor

I understand why many here don't like the way Lori styles her line. What I don't get is why it is so profoundly upsetting. ""Bag-lady"" ""Clown"" ""Crazy"" It is as though they are actually angry about the way she dresses. Name calling over the layering of a top. That is much more strange than anything that Lori does.

Linea doesn't typically fit my personal style but the conversation and excitement shown by those who love the line is fun. Fun and light-hearted = good.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

When I was younger I had a huge collection of LL Bean's polos and sweater, I would mix colors all the time - blue sweater with fuchsia polo, etc. I still love color but I go more tonal these days. Lori's tops are perfect for me and I love her colors. During the shows she has more vibrant combos and the neutral combos, you can really see the possibilities. I just wish I could afford more!
Valued Contributor

I have many of her clothing items and although I love them, I do find that some of the tops cling to my rear. And I have noticed that even the thin models look odd from the back as the knits just stick there. I guess that's why you need another layer on top - like a vest. I can wear a Skinnytees underneath and this seems to help, but I won't want to do that in the summer.

LOGO by Lori Goldstein Long Sleeve Knit Top with Lace Detail

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's an old thread that was bumped.