Respected Contributor

Re: Louis' coming new denim crop pant...inquiring minds wait to know more.

On 3/31/2015 crdlb said:
On 3/31/2015 MarilynM said:
On 3/31/2015 millieshops said:

Question: Is fashion back to top to bottom denim? For a while stylists were saying not to use denim sort of like a suit. Over???

Yes, top to bottom denim is in again. I've seen many fashion spreads and articles in mags showing head to toe denim. I think I saw it in "IN STYLE", but not sure.

No offense to our Canadian llamas, but my millennial son call denim jacket and pants a Canadian Tuxedo. I'm thinking not head to toe denim.

I've never heard that -- I've heard Texas Tuxedo before, though. I know I've seen many looks featuring head to toe denim (the photo in this thread is a jumpsuit, and I've seen jeans with a denim shirt or jacket or vest), but I've not yet seen anything with matchy-matchy jackets and pants. I know in the recent past the "rule" was that different washes were fine to wear together, so that it didn't look like you were trying to match the top and bottom.

Valued Contributor

I would urge any one of us who looks like Beyonce to wear exactly what she pleases w/o fear. Can I see a show of hands?

Respected Contributor

Jonbon said: I've never heard that -- I've heard Texas Tuxedo before, though. I know I've seen many looks featuring head to toe denim (the photo in this thread is a jumpsuit, and I've seen jeans with a denim shirt or jacket or vest), but I've not yet seen anything with matchy-matchy jackets and pants. I know in the recent past the "rule" was that different washes were fine to wear together, so that it didn't look like you were trying to match the top and bottom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't seen that matchy-matchy denim look either, Jonbon. I just cannot go there. I don't care what Beyonce is doing. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

To me, it surely doesn't qualify for that "single column of color" that is so elegant. But, to each his own...

Esteemed Contributor

Beyoncé is attractive, but she's had plenty of fashion flops over the years, so I don't really look to her for fashion tips. I prefer not to wear head-to-toe denim.
Valued Contributor

To me, matching head to toe denim - in the hot humid northeast in Spring/Summer - spells HOT and sweating.......... Smiley Happy Even though, after the winter we've had I'm NOT complaining.