Respected Contributor

@kate2357 

I am losing weight too, am down one size and right now everything just looks better, not too big. 

I hope to lose another two sizes if I can, and then it's tailor some of these Linea clothes myself or donate.  I'm too old to hang onto them for "in case I gain weight again" clothes!   

The WK sweaters that are now way too large I wear around the house, even have one for yard work.  They feel wonderful, are oversized and comfy, just right for casual wear and when they look too disreputable .....out they go.  They may outlive me though!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It's probably just as well Louis is gone because they could never make and sell clothes made to his standards so the average QVC shopper could afford them the way things have changed in the garment industry.  We would all be in a constant state of disappointment and Louis himself would be so sad.  Times have drastically changed.

@Kachina624 

Totally agree; it would not have been what Louis wanted and we would have been disappointed in Linea.  

So glad I have a fabulous collection!

Esteemed Contributor

I miss Louis/Linea as well. I agree with all of you that the fit, design, length of wear time and ease of care was a dream. 

I have been searching for another line to replace Linea(or as close as I can get ) and Marla Wynn on HSN has caught my attention. I'm at that stage where I'd rather have a few things that I wear all the time than 6 things that I wear some of the time. I also think her sizing might be a match to how Louis sized clothes. So far that's the only one I've found.   

Honored Contributor

His clothes are gone and buying just return seems pointless  to me.  I think you should shop the brick and mortar stores.  

Regular Contributor
I agree. Fortunately, I have a lot of Linea clothes that I just bought in the last couple of years. But I haven’t found a suitable replacement. I have bought a couple of Dennis Basso jackets/ blazers lately that I really enjoy. As far as tops go, I have bought a couple of Talbots ones and I really like Clara Sun Woo. Clara Sun Woo is a brand that little boutique/ gift shops carry. I am not enamored with the pants in this brand, but the blouses are attractive and hold up well. Her line is made in the US. I have tried Marla, but it isn’t as good of a fit for me as Linea was. I miss Louis’s pants, especially now with looser pants coming back. I wish I could order more of those trousers that weren’t ponte. I like his ponte pants too. I actually found some Kim Gravel ponte pants that work but are not as nice as the Linea ones.
Contributor

Sitting in my home for the last couple of years ( I am retired)  I dressed very casually.  My husband had a doctor's appointment recently and I went with him.  Scanning my closet to get dressed for the appointment I actually found one of Louis' blouses I had not yet worn. I was very happy to have found this little gem and was so pleased to wear it.  Miss him so much.

Respected Contributor

I too find that I still wear a lot of Linea.  I have three of the Linea stripped Kimono toppers that are practically a uniform for me since each is a different color palette and can be worn with so many things.  I am not a big cold shoulder person but the Linea one actually fit me well.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Louis Dell Olio

[ Edited ]

I have a very few Linea items.  I always wished that everything he designed also came in petite sizes.  I do have a jacket from his collection that I bought at the end. I do have to remember to take it to a tailor to shorten the sleeves.

Without that issue, I would have bought far more of his clothes.

Valued Contributor

Louis had the most top-rated items out of any clothing line on QVC!!

He was never treated respectively. QVC always scheduled him late at nigh (1 am) and rarely even had him on air.

RIDICULOUS!!! What a gentleman he is and what a talent- A real loss!!!

He should have continued his line elsewhere

Respected Contributor

@author wOULD LOVE TO KNOW HOW YOU ARE LOOSING WEIGHT?CUTTING CALORIES?NOT HAVE ALCHOL?