Honored Contributor

Re: Louis Del Olio Suede Jacket

insomniac wrote:

A poster referred to the Q-card come-on as "obnoxious" because this will be repeated endlessly in presentations.

I had a Q card long ago, but there were no particular perks. Now there is one (I love Easy Pay), but I don't want to be overly tempted.

not everyone watches repeated and endless qvc on television. some see things online and want to purchase them. not everyone may know about the three easy pays that  are a perk of having the Qcard. in fact, this item was NOT presented on tv recently......it was a lunchtime special a few days ago.

there was absolutely nothing "obnoxious" about her help or information.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

She is probably upset because she dislikes the way the card promotion was done-- in an attempt to 'help' a customer purchase something on divided payments.

That is what she is finding obnoxious.

Precisely. There's a line between being helpful and salesmanship. To me, this crossed the line.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

She is probably upset because she dislikes the way the card promotion was done-- in an attempt to 'help' a customer purchase something on divided payments.

That is what she is finding obnoxious.

Precisely. There's a line between being helpful and salesmanship. To me, this crossed the line.

Ridiculous. The customer stated in her OP that she wished it was on easy pay, the moderator told her how to get it on easy pay. OP asked and Mod answered. Nothing crossed the line. Just ridiculous to see this as obnoxious. If I went to Nordie's and saw a great pair of boots but they were too much for me all at once and a salesgirl said "oh, did you know if you use your card you can divide up the payments equally and get points too? I would be happy as a clam to know that I had an option now. Salespeople are supposed to help you use your buying power.

Ridiculous. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Esteemed Contributor

@60sgirl

If you don't see the difference then I honestly don't know how else to explain it to you. It's my opinion and it's not"ridiculous."

Perhaps we can simple agree to disagree before this escalates into a war of words. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@gigy

Check to see if your item is among fashion on 4 EP. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I'd call it intrusive. I know that these boards belong to QVC but I never saw the bulletin board as an additional opportunity for promotion. During the many years that I've posted here, there was never any overt intrusion on the part of QVC. These boards were an opportunity for QVC shoppers to connect, not a marketplace for Q advertising. 

Honored Contributor

Vivian Florimond wrote:

I'd call it intrusive. I know that these boards belong to QVC but I never saw the bulletin board as an additional opportunity for promotion. During the many years that I've posted here, there was never any overt intrusion on the part of QVC. These boards were an opportunity for QVC shoppers to connect, not a marketplace for Q advertising. 

of course it is an additional opportunity for promotion AND a marketplace for Q advertising.......that is probably the main reason why they have these boards. they want customers to come and rave about the products they bought AND they want potential customers to see those raves. it is a basic marketing principle. it is also the reason why all of the hosts have social media accounts.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I was able to purchase the jacket on 4 easy pay and very happy about that. My disappointment was that the color I wanted ( Taupe ) was not available so I bought the black one. As for the thoughts and comments on this thread, I do have to say that in all the years I have been on the community board and made posts, I have never experienced a customer representative reply and offer the easy pay regarding the Q card. I was surprised by that. I can see both sides of the coin. On one hand, the Q is trying to help, one the other, it is a rather bold step and somewhat  self surving.