Honored Contributor

I've always wondered why the Q offered so few glittery party clothes as part of the holiday season.  It seemed like a missed opportunity. 

This year there seem to be sequins in every show...and at hsn too. I really don't need them but it's fun to see them and imagine my board friends rushing off to parties in them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 yes Q has certainly stepped it up this year with party clothes. it's a nice change. Not that I really need anything so I'm just window shopping (does that work when you are watching on TV or a computer)? LOL

I don't have many parties to go to and years ago I bought a very nice sweater with some sparkly bits on it. That's my usual go to for holiday parties. If the office does one this year, I have a sweater dress in a dark green that I can wear. 

Honored Contributor

No parties on the horizon for me but we do get together with friends over the holidays.  We will often go out to a nice restaurant then go over to one of the other couple's homes (or sometimes ours) for dessert.

I couldn't resist buying Isaac's sparkly cardigan A624570  and tank A624572 in black.  Will look nice for one of those occasions over the holidays!

Honored Contributor

Lots of sparkly items in Isaac's Friday show today. I don't wear lots of sparkle and shine in my clothing. Just not my style. I own a black cardigan with sequins down the placket and around the neckline, but that's it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, sequins have made a comeback this year!!   I think many of the styles are pretty, some over the top but that happens.  I own a few sequin tops and have a couple of dinners and parties to attend for the holidays so I'll wear the ones I already own.  All around we're not that busy though, LOL!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 @LindaSal @wilma @haddon9 @GinaV24 

There are so many sequins! I'm drooling!

I go walking at a nearby mall every day and Macy's has very many pretty, glittery fashion items set out everywhere! How tempting!

I cannot think of anywhere I will be going to warrant wearing something glittery!

Maybe the designers were tired of everyone constantly wearing schleppy pj's!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've always wondered why the Q offered so few glittery party clothes as part of the holiday season.  It seemed like a missed opportunity. 

This year there seem to be sequins in every show...and at hsn too. I really don't need them but it's fun to see them and imagine my board friends rushing off to parties in them.

such a change from the previous 2 years, and there  are lots of sparkly clothing in the stores too, nice to see

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  I totally agree. This is the time of year for the Q (all retailers actually) to showcase the more formal wear. I'm happy to see they're spiffing it up a notch. All we saw for over 2 years was pajamas, loungers, cabin socks, etc. We don't go anywhere fancy, but I still love the spiffy look over loungers when I do go out. 

Honored Contributor

I have no parties to go to, but that doesn't stop me from wearing a little sparkle. Full-on sequined outfits, not for me, but I'm glad the option is there.  HSN's Giuliana had a really pretty skirt and top with sequined fringe last night.  It was too dressy for anything I would be doing, but it was very pretty.  

I'd love to find a gold long-sleeved turtleneck with the gold threads throughout.  Is that called Lurex?

Honored Contributor

Re: Lots of Party Clothes

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

"Glitz" is a trend right now.  Apparently, Q had a hit in the dark!  Law of averages.