Honored Contributor

Re: Lost My Mind, Ordered This Dress

Cute dress @Greeneyedlady21 & you got a great buy. Enjoy!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Frankly, I'm not crazy about the two-toned look on top. Have seen many photos of women wearing this type of thing, and they never look that great (my opinion).

Honored Contributor

It just arrived. I'm afraid to try it on because if it doesn't fit I might shed a tear. It's so gorgeous and glamorous. So thick and substantial too. Already ordered symphony tix to go with my Mom in lieu of Christmas gifts.

I think I died a thousand fashion deaths when I took it out of the box😂😆 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21

LOVE it!!  It's stunning!

As for your arms, do weights for your arms - and do dips.  If you are not sure what to do, go to:  www.bodybuilding.com.  They have videos of how to do the exercises with proper form.  And do cardio.  And of course, watch what you eat Smiley Happy

You'll be rocking that dress come the holidays!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Qshopper1991 I've done weights before, hand weights. They do help.

Two years ago I was almost 15 pounds lighter and a size smaller. Stress was the reason, so I wouldn't want that again for that reason. If the dress is tight it will motivate me.

Jon Hamm is going to ask me out and I'll wear that. Yep. I just read that he says it s**** being single. (My edit). 

Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21

You go, girl....and hit the iron hard!!  Smiley Happy

Jon is gonna be jacked when he sees you in that dress all svelt with yourself  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Here he is picking me up. I'd need an interpreter the whole time because I couldn't speak

my inspiration board...

Dress

Date with Jon Hamm, he's looking so Don Draper

Suitable anxiety med before date

Appointment with some injectables beforehand 😃

537a3fe2affd8f73755f2bc3_jon-hamm-vanity-fair-ss01.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21

Here he is with his former love interest...she of the ugly dress and grumpy countenance.  Once he saw you walk into the room all sparkling inside and out it was all over for her...   

Image result for john hamm as don draper in restaurant

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21

Sooooooooo, did you try it on?  What did you think?  The suspense is killin' me!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF Yes I did, thank you for asking☺ It is body conscious and my usual instinct would be to get a size up due to being self conscious. But I'm not going to. I will lose some weight and wear a shaper. I don't even have curvy hips but it makes it look as if I do. I love the top, because I'm very small busted but it doesn't emphasize that. 

It's thick and stretchy so it has a bit of a shaper quality. I have never owned anything like it and it makes me feel like a red carpet person.  I need a higher heel or get it shortened, and I am tall. The arms don't look too bad either, amazingly enough.

The illusion layer is nude color, the glittery studs are silver. I think I would just wear Diamonique earrings and no other jewelry.