Honored Contributor

Lost My Mind, Ordered This Dress

Does anyone remember Jane Treacy wearing it on air? Shoes on Sale or one of her other dress up shows. I saw it and thought wow that is a dress. Thought she looked smashing.

So over the weekend I was web surfing dresses and found it on clearance. BonTon, store we don't have in my area. It was originally 248, on clearance for 138. 50 dollars off 100+ made it 88 and change. Free two day shipping and returns via Shop Runner. If it doesn't fit I will see about another size...only for that price. Or spring for alterations.

I said to myself, you are insane. Where will you wear it? But I am already planning possible Christmas symphony (tickets already on sale). After wearing the other 26 dollar dress I had altered, well honestly I felt special and it was nice. 

I am concerned about the studs falling off. This dress is out of the box for me, I've decided I owe it to myself to break out of my comfort zone sometimes. I've done it in other areas of my life and it feels good☺ If it doesn't work for me, well it's just a dress. Sometimes I feel like I'm trying to have a prom I missed out on, lol. They have a shorter version that's not a "gown", not on clearance anywhere. There is a sleeveless long version that's 109 plus 50 off today, if anyone's interested.

_10261365.jpg

download (1).jpg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

Re: Lost My Mind, Ordered This Dress

Very pretty, and a bargain.  Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 Once in awhile we MUST step out of our comfort zone and splurge on ourselves, after all if we do not, then who will!

You are going to be stunningly beautiful in this dress no matter where you wear it, just do not be Cinderella and run away at midnight and leave behind one shoe, party all night long and strut what the good Lord gave you!

Let's Party.gif

Honored Contributor

@CareBears Thanks so much, that's very kind. But first I do have to get what He gave me into better shape. Starting with the arms...

I have learned the hard way how to treat myself better, no one's going to do that for me. Tks for your encouragement.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21

Is there a Mr. Green Eyed Lady in the picture?

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21

Is there a Mr. Green Eyed Lady in the picture?

Nope

Trusted Contributor

Wow!  Great dress!  You will look gorgeous and steal the show!

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Respected Contributor

A symphony would be the perfect place to wear it - enjoy - AND you do deserve to treat yourself once in awhile - especially when you love the dress that much!

Honored Contributor

Some reviews said they wore it as a mother of the bride or groom dress. I think that's a pretty cool mob or g dress. Definitely not matronly.

Honored Contributor

That dress would make a mop handle look curvey.  Enjoy breaking out and wearing it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment