Re: Lori, who in their right mind.....

[ Edited ]

-
QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is a word that is sometimes used in these forums that hits a deep nerve with me, and that word is "schmatta." I have seen it used with more than one line here. Whether or not I would ever purchase from a particular line of clothing on the Q, I would never define a line of clothing with that word, it just sounds so berating. If you find something you love here, great! I am sorry one of my favorite posters used it to state an opinion.

As Clarence the angel learned in "It's a Wonderful Life," discouragement is worse than sickness.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

@lolakimono , be honest with us, were any dead cartoon horses harmed in the making of this post? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I know it's just a cartoon, but the picture made me wince.  Smiley Sad

RE: the layering thing.  I am not a fan and can't think of any reason other than upping the sales that LG would push the excessive layers.  I never see anyone walking around with all those layers. 

Honored Contributor

For the love of all things holy, please make these threads stop.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

For the love of all things holy, please make these threads stop.   

I agree. I don't know why the Mods allow people to bash a QVC clothing line using such nasty, insulting expressions to describe the clothes in the line.  Bag lady?  Shmattah?

Talk about "inappropriate" posts that should be deleted.  Yes, you folks can express your opinions who don't like LOGO clothes, but do it without the insults please.  I wish the mods would not allow those posts. Posts expressing dislike of the clothes are fine, depending upon how they are stated.  But if the mods are going to delete posts that are "rude" or "inappropriate" they should really turn their attention to those kinds IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

To those who are offended by the term shmattah, I'm sorry you're hurt. The term refers to rags, or ugly clothes. I do not take back my characterization. To me Logo is an unattractive line. I have nothing against the designer, the marketers, the hosts, or anything else associated with the line. I am simply saying I do not like it. I'm sure there are clothes that I like that others don't. I do object to the notion that any criticism is unwelcome. I've spent thousands at QVC. I feel I have the right to present my criticisms. All of us Q shoppers have the right to like or dislike what QVC sells. I would hope that the powers that be take our comments into account when making decisions about what they sell.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

To those who are offended by the term shmattah, I'm sorry you're hurt. The term refers to rags, or ugly clothes. I do not take back my characterization. To me Logo is an unattractive line. I have nothing against the designer, the marketers, the hosts, or anything else associated with the line. I am simply saying I do not like it. I'm sure there are clothes that I like that others don't. I do object to the notion that any criticism is unwelcome. I've spent thousands at QVC. I feel I have the right to present my criticisms. All of us Q shoppers have the right to like or dislike what QVC sells. I would hope that the powers that be take our comments into account when making decisions about what they sell.

@Again, it's not what is said that is objectionable, it's the way it is said and the choice of words used.  I'm really sorry you just don't see that point or don't care what words you use to describe clothes you know other posters wear.  I agree  Iwith @MaggieMack's post.  Would you sit around a luncheon table with women wearing LOGO clothes and tell them they look like they are bag ladies wearing shmattas to their faces?   Or only on an anonymous BB?

Esteemed Contributor

I would certainly not insult a woman on her choice of clothes. I would, however, criticize QVC's choice of what to sell to their customers.