Honored Contributor

Lori, how about some shorter tops?

Are you stuck with tunics and ruffles & lace?  I remember years ago when I actually purchased a couple of your pieces but not now.  Everything is so long.  How about tops that cover your tummy and end at the beginning of the hips?   Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Re: Lori, how about some shorter tops?

[ Edited ]

Image result for LOGO Lavish by Lori Goldstein Embroidered Peasant Top

Image result for logo lavish by lori goldstein embroidered peasant top

Trusted Contributor

Image result for logo lavish by lori goldstein embroidered peasant top

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was flipping the channels yesterday and i was surprised to see Lori presented a top that was straight across and a bit higher then usual...... it had a lace front placing at the bib area........the only thing that struck me was i have seen that peasant/lace style out there in alot of places at a much cheaper price........and it amazed me that it cost $60 +

Honored Contributor

Funny ... she had so many recently that we're too short for me!

Respected Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I was flipping the channels yesterday and i was surprised to see Lori presented a top that was straight across and a bit higher then usual...... it had a lace front placing at the bib area........the only thing that struck me was i have seen that peasant/lace style out there in alot of places at a much cheaper price........and it amazed me that it cost $60 +

I too saw this peasant top, exactly the same as Lori's, for much less, about half the price here, and in a very nice department store.  It made me raise my eyebrows as I doubt very much if it is an original Lori design, but really something she just put her name on that was available for any company to do the same.  That's ok, but the claims about her being this terrific designer are beginning to wear a tad thin.

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

@kelsey17

That peasant style has been around for years and years .  My mother had photos of me from the 1940s wearing peasant tops that she had made.

Lots of price ranges ..... all depends on the quality of the fabrics.  All fabrics are not created equal.  All lace is not created equal.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@kelsey17 wrote:

@kelsey17

That peasant style has been around for years and years .  My mother had photos of me from the 1940s wearing peasant tops that she had made.

Lots of price ranges ..... all depends on the quality of the fabrics.  All fabrics are not created equal.  All lace is not created equal.  

Yes..i agree..........i remember they said it was cotton....but it did seem quite thin to me in the presentation.....

Super Contributor

this top hits even the model in about the worst possible place....what was she thinking or not.

Respected Contributor

Lori isn't a designer. Neither is Lisa R.
She was a fashion stylist and writer. I've read posts where people actually think others copy her designs. Lol. She does a few tweaks on current trends. It's all meant to inflate the prices.