Valued Contributor

Re: Lori for the pear-shaped woman?

I tried to wear LOGO and it just didn't work on me. I have wide hips, but I also have wide shoulders and I am 5'7". I just don't think a pear shape body would work with her clothes. Although I love some of her tops, they just don't look good. I guess all you can do is order something and see if you like it. Huh?{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/28/2015 cosmic1 said: Right now, Carolyn has the TSV on and she is a pear shaped, I think. It's not very flattering on her. I think it's making her look bigger through the midsection than she is.

Sharon, who is a petite with a cute figure, looked awful with her white leggings, pink under tank showing in the middle and aqua top. I didn't see anyone who looked good in it, not even the beautiful models.

Trusted Contributor

I think this style is only flattering on small-busted thin women. The shape plus the horizontal line at the widest part of the hips only draws attention to the area.

Super Contributor

I am also pear shaped, and I love her longer tops. This one looked a little shorter to me, but I like how it looks with the longer tank underneath. That, I would wear. I've just ordered so many things this month, 3 from LOGO, I'm out of moola! Enjoy if you get it.

Super Contributor

I am pear shaped and i wear Lori's tunics and her cardigans all of the time. However, I never order the 100% cotton ones because they don't have the "loosiness" and swing of the 95% rayon, 5% spandex. (Denim and Company also is guilty of this. ) I am also 5'3" and they do not overwhelm me either. I think the reason that alot of the models and Carolyn don't look good in them sometimes is because they wear a size too small. I also do not layer unless it's a top with a cardigan. I am not small busted but also not too large and I always order the regular size because, for me, the petite size always is too small in the bust. I always wear a v neck rather than a round neck as it is more flattering so I tend to buy the v neck tunics with the pockets and I love them! I also don't buy any prints.

Valued Contributor

Ms. Jackie - You provided good tips above, and now that you mention I also have noticed that the 100% cotton tops do not lay WELL over my pear shaped hips. I can wear a 100% cotton shorter t shirt that falls at the waist or slightly below. But when it comes to covering the hips and backside the cotton does not fall well or give any swing.

You confirmed my thought as well as that the 95% rayon, 5% spandex tops or some kind of poly top by Bob Mackie, SG or any designer just fall better.

I honestly was not sure why but you have confirmed my thoughts. Now when I over tunics from QVC I don't order longer 100% cotton tops (Quaker) because they just don't fall or swing as you mentioned above.

Super Contributor

Thanks, IControlMy Happiness! The other material that I will buy a tunic in is gauze. One of my favorite tunics and one that I always get compliments on is one that I bought from JJill 3 years ago. Love the way it hangs on me!