Super Contributor

Lori for the pear-shaped woman?

I just got the email about the upcoming TSV. I really like it, but I just don't know if it would work on my body. I'm a pear -- small waist, larger hips. Tunics usually don't look right on me because if they fit up top, they hug or ride up at the hips. Or if they fit the hips, they are huge up top.

Super Contributor

Re: Lori for the pear-shaped woman?

Your fit problem could be solved by watching the ""sweep"" measurement. Select size by bust measurement and pay careful attention to the sweep measurement on the ""click here"" garment measurement chart.

Just be sure the sweep number is NOT smaller than your widest hip measurement. Depending on the garment cut - you need a minimum of 2-3 inches difference in measurements. E.g. if your hips measure 40"" ... you should look for a 42"" or higher number for the sweep depending on style.

Respected Contributor

The "fit" description on this says it's semi-fitted thru the chest with a more relaxed sweep (or words to that effect, lol! I can't remember exactly). I'm thinking about ordering it myself because of that description--I'm also pear-shaped.

Contributor

On 3/26/2015 Kathleen said:

Your fit problem could be solved by watching the "sweep" measurement. Select size by bust measurement and pay careful attention to the sweep measurement on the "click here" garment measurement chart.

Just be sure the sweep number is NOT smaller than your widest hip measurement. Depending on the garment cut - you need a minimum of 2-3 inches difference in measurements. E.g. if your hips measure 40" ... you should look for a 42" or higher number for the sweep depending on style.

I have been in women's clothing sales for over 20 years and your advice, Kathleen, is right on the button.

Respected Contributor

There are no measurements given for the TSV.

Respected Contributor

Some things are just not for some of us, but you can always tailor a garment to be more flattering (but that raises the total cost of the item). I agree with the advice posted: check the sweep measurement. For me, the length makes a big difference, too. One inch makes a difference. Good luck if you decide to give it a go and I hope it works for you.
If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Regular Contributor

Yes, the length makes a big difference in how it looks on you. I am taller and even though pear shaped I have a long torso and can wear a real tunic length. In fact I always look at the length first because for me so many "tunics" are too short and will hit right at widest point of my but! It all counts which is why you really never know until you try it on. So much easier in stores where you know immediately. Ordering clothes from just seeing it is always risky and now so much more expensive when it is not right. I really try to control my impulses because I know that rarely am I happy with what arrives in the mail.

Respected Contributor

Right now, Carolyn has the TSV on and she is a pear shaped, I think. It's not very flattering on her. I think it's making her look bigger through the midsection than she is.
Trusted Contributor

On 3/28/2015 cosmic1 said: Right now, Carolyn has the TSV on and she is a pear shaped, I think. It's not very flattering on her. I think it's making her look bigger through the midsection than she is.
Agree. I find Lori's tops too fitted at the bust causing the bottom part to flare out more. Perhaps if her tops were longer, the wider part at the bottom wouldn't flare out right at the butt and hips emphasizing them.
Valued Contributor

Me Kathleen gave the best advice I have seen on qvc regarding measurement. I use this policy because I am pear shaped as well and knowing the sweep of a garment saves a lot of returning of items. Another tip I have is qvc items that fit me well, I keep a log of the item, size ordered and all the measurements so when I see new items I can read the measurements nd compare. This lets me know if it will more than likely fit.