Valued Contributor

I know many of you prefer to only shop at the Q, but, if you can, take a look at the clothing sales at L&T for the next few days.  I'm not saying too much because this may get poofed!

Super Contributor

I live in so ca so no Lord and Taylor stores here. They have an awful website , not impressed with prices either. I would rather shop at Nordstrom.

Trusted Contributor

Some stores are very nice and when I have time, I stop by.  I find that they have the best selection of dresses of any department store.  Sadly the website is a MESS otherwise I would do more damage there, especially during sales.

Valued Contributor

I didn't have any problems with the website this morning until I tried to check out.  The promo code for the F&F sale wouldn't apply.  I called my order in and the cs rep handled it.  It took some time but it was worth the 60%+ off (+free shipping).   I can return to one of the local stores at no real inconvenience to me if the items are not to my liking. 

The sale prices on name brand merchandise, compared to the QVC prices, is a draw to me.

Esteemed Contributor

I just bought a flat there, that I couldn't find anywhere else and got the F&F discount.  The only thing that bothers me about the site, is they don't give measurement specifics.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

They have sent me incorrect items TWICE!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

No Lord and Taylor for me. The last time I shopped on line, I returned the item. Rather than issue me credit on my credit card they send me a L&T gift card. When I caled and complained, I was told this is what they do. 

Esteemed Contributor

granddi wrote:

No Lord and Taylor for me. The last time I shopped on line, I returned the item. Rather than issue me credit on my credit card they send me a L&T gift card. When I caled and complained, I was told this is what they do. 

That's so disappointing to hear.  Back in the good old days of the fabulous New York based department stores, Lord & Taylor was as prestigous as Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdale's, and the many other competitors of those days.  It was an exciting moment back in '76 when they opened a store in Chicago... at the then brand new Water Tower Place.  The point of that trip down memory lane is that they used to offer customer service at a level worthy of their reputation as a fine retailer.  In the past 20 years the store has changed ownership a couple of times.  The store has been so mismanaged in recent times that the Water Tower Place store closed several years ago. I tried shopping the website, but found it disappointing  and frustrating to shop.  Admittedly, I haven't been on their site in a couple of years, but stories like granddi's don't encourage me to try again.  .  

Esteemed Contributor
Funny how the previous poster mentioned Water Tower Place, as I was just about to comment on how much I miss that location. They had wonderful plus size clothing and the best shoe department. Was a sad day when they closed (I even erroneously thought all L&T locations were out of business!)

But, like others have said, the website does nothing for me. Maybe I'll check it out given the OPs post.
Valued Contributor

@granddi - Sorry to hear that.  Hope that is not a new policy - it has never been the case for me in the past.  If they insist on giving me store credit, I know I'll spend it eventually.  L&T is a favorite store of mine.