Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looks like no A.M. Style tomorrow

No AMS is a BUMMER.  I found QVC 14 years ago last month.  I was bed bound, DH was working & I was channel surfing.  My first purchase that day was an advertised  90 second Christmas tree setup with David V.  We still use it each year.  Then I also found D. & Co. Sport Savvy & had so much fun getting packages at our home.  Now I hardly ever watch a full show & I don't think I have mde an order yet this year.  We moved my mom to her assisted living place last Friday & had a very nice Thanksgiving with her being able to come to our home.  Since we got 16" of snow a week ago, I decided to use a snowman tablecloth, napkins & salt & pepper shakers.  The joke was on me as when we woke up on Thursday the snow was all gone & the grass was very green again.  Mom had a good day & did tell me that everything was lovely.  Yesterday I had a day out for lunch with friends only to get a call later last night from one of her Hospice nurses that mom had been vomiting since Thursday night & was running a low grade temp.  I was planning to visit mom today but now I need to wait for a call telling me if she is contagious or not as with my AI issues I need to keep myself healthy too.  I didn't do Black Friday & had no plans to shop today, so maybe I will start decorating a week earlier.  I could always clean house too.  So many options & not enough time.  I hope that all of you have fun shopping & can find some good bargains.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70

I hope your mom is OK and that her illness is fleeting.  Yes, I know what you mean... I avoid crowds due to all of the colds and flu, too!  

How is mom liking her new "digs?"

@MaggieMack

Have a nice turkey meal with your brother!   Glad your snow has cleared up some!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

LTT, Mom's dig is very nice with only she plus 3 other ladies but she made a comment to me about the place driving a person "nuts" if they had to stay there forever.  She also keeps asking me when she will be going back home.  I think that I am posting on the wrong forum today too.  Sorry.

Honored Contributor

I started a thread last night about today's programming.

It is positively dreadful.  No Q shopping today, that's for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm totally in agreement with you! Its been all "gift ideas" (aka hard goods and electronics). I haven't watched it since Thanksgiving when Susan Graver was on. There are so many electronics outlets and stores on-line, it seems like a waste of air time. I miss AM Style too! Smiley Sad