Honored Contributor

Looks like another junk day on the Q....

I wonder why they don't think people are capable of buying "gifts" from the regular programming. thinking

Most of this qrap is less than half a step above a Chia pet.hypnotized

Respected Contributor

Re: Looks like another junk day on the Q....

Oh, THAT was funny. A chia pet! Woman LOL

It seems everywhere does it though. The junk they put out at Christmas time and most of it is never seen again. I mean really, do people actually buy this stuff? Obviously, yes. Thank God they are not in my family - I would seriously be returning gifts left and right!! Woman LOLWoman LOL

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

faeriemoon ~ I agree 100%!!!!!  I miss regular programming and don't understand why they can't sell gifty things in shows that fit in with regular programming.  I haven't watched QVC since mid-November since all my local TV Guide has listed for QVC is "Great Gifts" 24 hours a day every day.  UGH!!!!!!    This happens every year -- I just get out of the habit of flipping over to QVC during the holidays and it's spring before I even think about watching it again.  Their loss, not mine.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Ain't that the truth!

Honored Contributor

What I think I will never understand is why millions of shoppers every single year buy and buy and buy -  and lots of what they buy is exactly what QVC is now selling. 

It's every place I go from Martshalls to CVS to Macys to Nordstrom and Saks.  They all sell the same type of gifts and decoratyions.  Some are cheap and some are expensive, but really they're all the same.

Honored Contributor

I love these days.  Nothing at all is tempting to buy or even appealing.  Except maybe on lunchtime specials....

Esteemed Contributor

TV is turned to music and I'm steam cleaning my kitchen floor.

I cannot even stand to have it on as background noise.  In the "old days" I would turn it on during the holiday, and it would make me happy to see some lovely things.

Now, it's just annoying and mind numbing.

I'd rather steam my floors!

Honored Contributor

It's an assault of the senses - too loud, too hyper, too frenzied.

This has been going on since July.

Honored Contributor

Besides the bad merchandise, the prices are insane.  With all the good deals that have been out there, I just can't see spending money on QVC.  There is an upcoming D&C TSV vest.  The price is $30.00 plus s/h.  I got a vest on Cyber Monday from another site for $14.99 with free s/h.  To top it all off, I got notification yesterday that it had already shipped.   

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon@Lipstickdiva

Not wanting to complain, but am anyway, I understand what you are saying.  The way the Q protects themselves from untold losses, I am figuring, is by advertising products that are large and very expensive to ship back as a return. (?)

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~