Honored Contributor

Re: Looks Like Dennis Basso Has Teamed Up With Quacker Factory!

@jackthebear wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

For this new item (I'm not saying he has, just that it looks like it from this item!)  It might have to do with the QVC buyers' advice.

https://www.qvc.com/Dennis-Basso-Water-Resistant-Gingham-Anorak-with-Embellishment.product.A349310.h...

@Pearlee 

Buyers advice?! I would say that's putting it gently from what I hear from some of the vendors. The buyers seem to be an essential part of the design team really! I would love to see a designer come in with carte blanche on what they can design.

Lisa Rinna recently shared  that it was seven years before she was permitted  to bring in a leopard print?! 

really. 

wonder if the buyers ever get out in the real world

I find that hard to believe being that every other line has leopard print items.  Not to mention, I also don't believe a word that comes out of LR's mouth.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

Seems a silly thing to lie about don't you think?? And when the host asked why she thought that was or what was their reasoning she said she assumed it was because others were already doing it.

LR is not the only one who's commented on restrictions and suggestions; she's just a recent one that comes to mind..

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

Seems a silly thing to lie about don't you think?? And when the host asked why she thought that was or what was their reasoning she said she assumed it was because others were already doing it.

LR is not the only one who's commented on restrictions and suggestions; she's just a recent one that comes to mind..

A lot of stuff LR does don't make much sense.  

Sorry.  Don't like the woman and wouldn't put it past her to lie about anything. LOL

I do know they have a lot of restrictions and not just at QVC.  I know someone who used to design for one of HSN's in-house brands.  She was pretty much told what to design. 

Honored Contributor

I do think that buyers have a huge influence on what the vendors put out because so many designers have similar garments on the Q.  Here is a recent example that comes to mind which I posted in the LOGO forum, but it's one of many, many examples:

D&C new jacket:

https://www.qvc.com/Denim-%26-Co-Yarn-Dyed-Striped-Peplum-Jacket.product.A351550.html?sc=IROA

LOGO sleeveless blouse (called a tank) from last season:

https://www.qvc.com/LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein-Striped-Button-Front-Tank-with-Ruffle-Hem.product.A307268...

Trusted Contributor

Many of the Q's fashion lines look similar. Quacker Factory now has Denim & Co.'s new antique rose in their color lineup.

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

Many of the Q's fashion lines look similar. Quacker Factory now has Denim & Co.'s new antique rose in their color lineup.

@Squirrel Lover  Good point  And other lines now have names of colors the same as unusual LOGO colors too.  If a line does well, the styles definitely spread to other QVC lines.  It's all about making a profit.

Honored Contributor

The anorak seems to have the design attached as appliques, rather than embroidered.  If so, they could probably be removed.  

Without those insects, it's kind of cute.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

Except, for whatever reason, they just call it "antique rose" in QF (as opposed to "new antique rose" in D&Co). I guess they want people to be able to mix and match the various lines.