Valued Contributor

Looking to match Earth Origins boots TSV A256037 in merlot with Linea tights and GILI faux leather pencil skirt A256257

Anyone happen to own 1). The earth origins leather and suede ankle boots TSV A256037 in merlot 2) Linea aubergine tights (or any Linea aubergine). 3) the GILI faux leather pencil skirt A256257.in port wine or Bordeaux??? I have those shoes and tights and would like that skirt (love it---already have the black!) in wine or Bordeaux if the colors would work together. Thanks in advance!! KK PS. Know it's probably not likely! :-)
Respected Contributor

Re: Looking to match Earth Origins boots TSV A256037 in merlot with Linea tights and GILI faux leather pencil skirt A256257

I don't know about the skirt thing but I really like those boots! I saw a woman wearing that color ankle boots with black leggings and a longer sweater...very stylish looking.I bet it's gonna be a great outfit.I want those in navy. Hope u find a match!
Honored Contributor

Re: Looking to match Earth Origins boots TSV A256037 in merlot with Linea tights and GILI faux leather pencil skirt A256257

I also have that GILI leather skirt in black---fabulous!!! It's so hard to tell via online and photos regarding the look of the port wine or bordeaux skirts with the tights & shoes. I think the port wine would be a better match to aubergine. Sounds like a great look-enjoy!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

Hi Karlakaye... I have Linea Aubergine tights (they are fabulous) and GILI skirt in Bordeaux? and they look fabulous together. I don't have the Earth Origins, I have Michael Kors booties from last year that I love. What does go with this skirt and tights and looks like it was made from the exact same fabric ( the colors and weight are exactly the same in sun light and florescent lighting) is Linea's Ponte Knit Jacket A237551. Since this jacket has shape it compliments this fabulous shapely skirt. Looks Hot. Linea blouse A228338, in double crepe, is also an identical color match, burgundy?. It's also on sale. Gorgeous blouse. I wore this georgette blouse, changed the ties to black and wore with Bordeaux skirt, Aubergine tights and black suede pumps. Got soo many compliments. This is a very unusual color, can't remember what the different vendors call it. I have never been able to match colors bought from different vendors, at different times, but this is a home run. Don't you love this skirt! I bought the all black fabric one last year so I couldn't justify buying the black fabric/faux leather this year, but I'm going to wear the Bordeaux fabric/faux leather a lot this year.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

On 9/23/2014 birkin baby said: I don't know about the skirt thing but I really like those boots! I saw a woman wearing that color ankle boots with black leggings and a longer sweater...very stylish looking.I bet it's gonna be a great outfit.I want those in navy. Hope u find a match!
Well now I need to check out those boots! OP's outfit sounds great.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

YAY!! Thanks to all! Yep, those boots, tights and skirt are all MAJOR WINNERS in my opinion! Now I am off to check out the Linea ponte jacket and blouse, Happy Lady. Thanks again for all your answers---keep them coming---the more the merrier.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

KK

Respected Contributor

Most reviews say they are quite comfy. NOW I might need to switch to wanting the merlot after hearing the ideas here...lol.
Valued Contributor

On 9/23/2014 HAPPY LADY said:

Hi Karlakaye... I have Linea Aubergine tights (they are fabulous) and GILI skirt in Bordeaux? and they look fabulous together. I don't have the Earth Origins, I have Michael Kors booties from last year that I love. What does go with this skirt and tights and looks like it was made from the exact same fabric ( the colors and weight are exactly the same in sun light and florescent lighting) is Linea's Ponte Knit Jacket A237551. Since this jacket has shape it compliments this fabulous shapely skirt. Looks Hot. Linea blouse A228338, in double crepe, is also an identical color match, burgundy?. It's also on sale. Gorgeous blouse. I wore this georgette blouse, changed the ties to black and wore with Bordeaux skirt, Aubergine tights and black suede pumps. Got soo many compliments. This is a very unusual color, can't remember what the different vendors call it. I have never been able to match colors bought from different vendors, at different times, but this is a home run. Don't you love this skirt! I bought the all black fabric one last year so I couldn't justify buying the black fabric/faux leather this year, but I'm going to wear the Bordeaux fabric/faux leather a lot this year.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Happy Lady, I have that ponte jacket and have been looking for pieces to wear with it. I had wondered whether one of the wine colors of the Gili skirt would match so I was glad to see your post. In addition to the skirt it sounds like I should get the aubergine tights. Based on what you wrote it sounds like the blouse will match this jacket - is this true? TIA

Occasional Contributor

I'm not of any help with your question about matching ... but I just LOVE the Earth Origins TSV boots. I bought them in black and I've already been wearing them 3-4 times a week. They are super cute with both skirts & pants -- and sooo comfy. Hope you find your perfect match.
Valued Contributor

I personally wouldn't match all 3 but it may work for you if that's what you like Smiley Happy I would use the color as an accent piece, so just the berry (in my case) tights with a black top, skirt, and shoes - everybody was complementing me on the tights! I'm also trying to match my cognac leather jacket with cognac leather Clarks boots, but I wouldn't go with a cognac leather skirt in addition to those two....but that's just me. Hope you find what you are looking for Smiley Happy