Valued Contributor

Re: Looking to match Earth Origins boots TSV A256037 in merlot with Linea tights and GILI faux leather pencil skirt A256257

On 9/23/2014 jazzbabe said:
On 9/23/2014 HAPPY LADY said:

Hi Karlakaye... I have Linea Aubergine tights (they are fabulous) and GILI skirt in Bordeaux? and they look fabulous together. I don't have the Earth Origins, I have Michael Kors booties from last year that I love. What does go with this skirt and tights and looks like it was made from the exact same fabric ( the colors and weight are exactly the same in sun light and florescent lighting) is Linea's Ponte Knit Jacket A237551. Since this jacket has shape it compliments this fabulous shapely skirt. Looks Hot. Linea blouse A228338, in double crepe, is also an identical color match, burgundy?. It's also on sale. Gorgeous blouse. I wore this georgette blouse, changed the ties to black and wore with Bordeaux skirt, Aubergine tights and black suede pumps. Got soo many compliments. This is a very unusual color, can't remember what the different vendors call it. I have never been able to match colors bought from different vendors, at different times, but this is a home run. Don't you love this skirt! I bought the all black fabric one last year so I couldn't justify buying the black fabric/faux leather this year, but I'm going to wear the Bordeaux fabric/faux leather a lot this year.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Happy Lady, I have that ponte jacket and have been looking for pieces to wear with it. I had wondered whether one of the wine colors of the Gili skirt would match so I was glad to see your post. In addition to the skirt it sounds like I should get the aubergine tights. Based on what you wrote it sounds like the blouse will match this jacket - is this true? TIA

HI jazzbabe... Yes, A237551 jacket and blouse were presented in the same collection and are great together; the blouse is a double crepe (Louis discusses in video) and you can't see through. I have the white one also and just wear a nude bra. Don't need to bother with special underpinnings. To go further with this Wine/Aubergine/Bordeaux color, Linea Ponte knit maxi skirt (same fabric as jacket) goes with all these colors and is a fabulous longer skirt. Everyone comments how tall and slender they look in it. I also have GILI skirt that is Ponte knit and faux leather (the curvy one with the flounce on the bottom and it matches all this stuff and this jacket). I was really surprised when I starting buying items from different vendors on the Q that it seems they are sometimes using the same fabrics. I am really happy about that because not every line has all the looks we want sometimes.
Hope this helps..

Valued Contributor

Re: Looking to match Earth Origins boots TSV A256037 in merlot with Linea tights and GILI faux leather pencil skirt A256257

On 9/23/2014 jazzbabe said:

Hi Karlakaye... I have Linea Aubergine tights (they are fabulous) and GILI skirt in Bordeaux? and they look fabulous together. I don't have the Earth Origins, I have Michael Kors booties from last year that I love. What does go with this skirt and tights and looks like it was made from the exact same fabric ( the colors and weight are exactly the same in sun light and florescent lighting) is Linea's Ponte Knit Jacket A237551. Since this jacket has shape it compliments this fabulous shapely skirt. Looks Hot. Linea blouse A228338, in double crepe, is also an identical color match, burgundy?. It's also on sale. Gorgeous blouse. I wore this georgette blouse, changed the ties to black and wore with Bordeaux skirt, Aubergine tights and black suede pumps. Got soo many compliments. This is a very unusual color, can't remember what the different vendors call it. I have never been able to match colors bought from different vendors, at different times, but this is a home run. Don't you love this skirt! I bought the all black fabric one last year so I couldn't justify buying the black fabric/faux leather this year, but I'm going to wear the Bordeaux fabric/faux leather a lot this year.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Happy Lady, I have that ponte jacket and have been looking for pieces to wear with it. I had wondered whether one of the wine colors of the Gili skirt would match so I was glad to see your post. In addition to the skirt it sounds like I should get the aubergine tights. Based on what you wrote it sounds like the blouse will match this jacket - is this true? TIA

HI jassbabe... Yes, A237551 jacket and blouse were presented in the same collection and are great together; the blouse is a double crepe (Louis discusses in video) and you can't see through. I have the white one also and just wear a nude bra. Don't need to bother with special underpinnings. To go further with this Wine/Aubergine/Bordeaux color, Linea Ponte knit maxi skirt (same fabric as jacket) goes with all these colors and is a fabulous longer skirt. Everyone comments how tall and slender they look in it. I also have GILI skirt that is Ponte knit and faux leather (the curvy one with the flounce on the bottom and it matches all this stuff and this jacket). I was really surprised when I starting buying items from different vendors on the Q that it seems they are sometimes using the same fabrics. I am really happy about that because not every line has all the looks we want sometimes.
Hope this helps..

It is helpful, thanks. Since I only wear maxis in the summer I thought about ordering the ponte maxi and having it hemmed but not sure it would work as I'm more of a pencil skirt person. Nice to know that the blouse will work with the jacket.

Honored Contributor

Wine-

Port Wine-

Bordeaux-

Aubergine-

Honored Contributor

On 9/25/2014 lolakimono said:

Wine-

Port Wine-

Bordeaux-

Aubergine-

Lola-thx for posting the skirts with the tights. You confirmed my recommedation that the Port Wine is the better option to match with the tights. Bordeaux looks off. Love the port wine tone-gorgeous!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri