Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking for a top to wear with navy ankle pants...

I suggest keeping it simple with a simple white shirt. If you don't want a collar on the top because of the scarf then a plain white or cream tee.  I like Isaac's curved hem tee and Louis Dell'Olio has several shirt options. 

Respected Contributor

Love love the scarf. I like some of the top suggestions but would go with a solid..

Mixing those patterns just gives me a eye ache and is just too busy.

Trusted Contributor

@Trix wrote:

I suggest keeping it simple with a simple white shirt. If you don't want a collar on the top because of the scarf then a plain white or cream tee.  I like Isaac's curved hem tee and Louis Dell'Olio has several shirt options. 

Yes, I agree, a white shirt.  Ann Taylor has a shirt called "Perfect Shirt", button up, with a collar.  I'd post it but the website won't allow me to save the pic.  I have it in black and it's very nice although I tuck it, or you could do the "half tuck", if you're into that.  It comes in different colors.

Trusted Contributor

I agree with the white shirt, but I also like this:

Gap Women Modern Long Sleeve V Neck Tee ($12) ❤ liked on Polyvore featuring tops, t-shirts, golden grain, regular, tall long sleeve t shirts, yellow v neck t shirt, yellow t shirt, tall t shirts and tall slim fit t shirts:

Respected Contributor

What do you all think about this?

cn10336631.jpg

Respected Contributor

It's linen, from Banana Republic.