Frequent Contributor

Re: Looking for a new swimsuit (plus size) any suggestions?

I was just in Macy's yesterday (New England) and the suits and cover ups were in. Lots of pretty colors and lots of sizes. (I too am plus size and will need to buy for my cruise in May).

Have a wonderful time and enjoy the warmth.

Honored Contributor

I love everything about the Lands End Suit posted above except that type of halter. For some reason, anything typing or clasping behind my neck is very bothersome to me and I yank and tug at it all day long. If that suit had the regular straps, I'd be all over it.

Trusted Contributor

A231627 Simply Swim Skirtini. I am not sure how many sizes or colors they have left but this suit is so flattering and comfortable. I purchased both colors. The skirt is a wonderful length. The top hides the tummy area and the top goes up high enough under the arm area so as not to show any bulge like a lot of swim suits do. Totally adjustable top and wonderful support. Honestly you can't go wrong with this suit.
Trusted Contributor

Land's End does carry very nice swimsuit styles, including a number in plus sizes. Their best line for larger women is probably their "Slender Suits". However, I have found that although their plus size suits are well cut and have a fair amount of spandex in the fabric for control, some of their plus swimwear does not have a built-in tummy control panel -- something I always look for in swimwear......... Some LE plus suits may have such a panel, but I have tried some LE suits that did not. The JC Penney suits I referenced above do have good tummy control.

Super Contributor

I just can't say enough good things about Lands End swimsuits. That is always the first place I look. I like their separates, because you can put together your own suit, from their separates. It gives you a lot of options. I love the different tops and bottoms they offer in solids and prints. And their bottoms are so nicely cut! They don't ride up your butt, they cover what they should, and they are modest without being frumpy.

Esteemed Contributor

I've bought Lands End suits as well- I like their mock tankini style. I really like the way you can search for different features on their site! They don't slim me enough though- if that's a feature I really want, Carol Wiors slimsuits are the best. She has some here- she was also at hsn for awhile. there's also her website. I'm sure amazon as well! They're not cheap- but for the amount of bathing suits I buy I'd rather spend a few dollars more and get the one that serves me best.

Occasional Contributor

Recently found a great site; swimsuitsforall.com. Loads of styles and very good prices. Always get emails from them with sales. Good Luck! Sorry, just saw another poster mentioned this site!
Honored Contributor

The swimsuit pictured above is gone except for white. I was willing to give it a try but I won't do a white suit. In fact I've never seen a person in a white swimsuit except a string bikini.

Occasional Contributor

Try Just My Size on line -- I bought 3 for my cruise in February. Love them all, just with the straps were adjustable but I am working on solving that problem....Cool

Occasional Contributor

I think mod cloth dot com has the cutest bathing suits for plus size and normal!