Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for Wedding Attire

@cherrywrote:

Talbots have some very pretty jackets, you could team with a white skirt  or a pr of  white slacks

I particularly liked a butter cream yellow, with a white band around the lapels. It looks crisp ,modern, and a bit sassy. It also comes in other colors

I just got an email that Talbots is having a flash sale on dresses, jackets and suits until midnight. 

Honored Contributor

I always thought business casual is like jeans or khacki bottom and a collared top like a polo shirt for guys and a nice but casual top for ladies.

Respected Contributor

I live at the Jersey Shore.  The location matters only if it's an outdoor wedding.

For morning weddings, I usually wear a sheath dress with matching or coordinating jacket.

Respected Contributor

My Macy's always has a lot of dresses to choose from in the store, probably online too.

Honored Contributor

I live in a very rural area. The closest stores of any kind are about an hour away. I ventured into the city and shopped at Macy's for a mother-of-the-groom dress for my son's wedding last October. I bought one, brought it home and something about it just didn't click with me. About a month later I took it back (another 2-hour drive) and found a dress I liked better. I exchanged it and am so glad I did. My dress ended up being a perfect choice! I didn't expect to get so many compliments! It was a happy day all around! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Regular Contributor

Thank you for all the ideas!.  I have a Macy's close by but didn't see anything there that I liked.  I will go on-line and check out TJMaxx and a few other places. The business casual threw me off.  Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

@Denise in PA

On sale for $53+ at Nordstrom, in size M.

Honored Contributor

@Denise in PA size M at Nordstrom

$53.40

$41.40 (black)

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor