Regular Contributor

I need to find something for a May wedding in NJ.  Colors are gold/cream/burgundy. This is for a morning ceremony.    They are asking for business casual attire.  I have no idea what to wear!  I am a medium/large in most clothes.  Suggestions appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for Wedding Attire

Weather in NJ in May can be anything 

if if I were u I’d go to marshals or TJs they have loads of dress right now you can get an outfit for under $50 

Honored Contributor

I would buy a 2 piece suit, or even 3 pieces(  add a pr of slacks). I think it gives you more versatility than a dress..

Respected Contributor

Hey I'm looking for a dress for a May wedding in NJ, too.  This one is on the beach and kind of casual also.  Good !uck to us lol

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepywrote:

Hey I'm looking for a dress for a May wedding in NJ, too.  This one is on the beach and kind of casual also.  Good !uck to us lol

Jersey Shore in May

wear sweater and boots

good luck on that 

Honored Contributor

@cherrywrote:

I would buy a 2 piece suit, or even 3 pieces(  add a pr of slacks). I think it gives you more versatility than a dress..

problem with a suit for a wedding is that once you take off the jacket, you are left with just a skirt and top, also hard to find suits

I saw many dresses priced at $30 that were really pretty 

but that's how I roll

everyone is different 

Respected Contributor

@jackthebearwrote:

@VanSleepywrote:

Jersey Shore in May

wear sweater and boots

good luck on that 

Lol I live here so I know.  And I'm always cold as it is!

Honored Contributor

Talbots have some very pretty jackets, you could team with a white skirt  or a pr of  white slacks

I particularly liked a butter cream yellow, with a white band around the lapels. It looks crisp ,modern, and a bit sassy. It also comes in other colors

Respected Contributor

@jackthebearwrote:

Weather in NJ in May can be anything 

if if I were u I’d go to marshals or TJs they have loads of dress right now you can get an outfit for under $50 

She could also try Steinmart, Nordstrom Rack and Off 5th (Saks Outlet). I got a great dress from Amazon for a wedding last Fall. If the OP has an outlet mall nearby, they’re having their Easter sales now, so she might find something there. 

Honored Contributor

TJMaxx website

800 daytime dresses

place to start for ideas

wish I could link it