Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for Packable down jackets

@bonnielu

It also comes in two additional colors, and in petites.

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

LLBean, Land's End, Eddie Bauer, Moosejaw...lot's of options are available. 

However; if they're specifically for the trip to Hawaii, you really won't need anything that warm. There's one very early morning excursion where you might be up at an altitude where's it's chilly, but the same sweater, sweatshirt or lightweight fleece that you might slip in your carry-on to ward of chills on the airplane will be just fine. 

exactly  the Bauer is probably great but if it's one time maybe the cost is not the best use of your money.

but those packable jackets compress more than a sweatshirt will 

check out the big A they have the 32 degree brand i was talking about 

Honored Contributor

ETA will it be that cold in May in Hawaii?

Valued Contributor

I just purchased one from Roamans website - packable, no hood for $35. Called the Lightweight Puffer - they sell inexpensive clothing...not Bean or Bauer quality but not Bean or Bauer prices either. 

Respected Contributor

I have a packable 32 Degrees down jacket from Macy's. I am a size 12 (Brick and Motar size) and I have a Large.  It is slim fit. But I like it a lot.    I have this style, but 32 degrees also have longer ones if you prefer longer ones.

9600111_fpx.jpg

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

At Costco I bought a very nice packable jacket with hood by Eddie Bauer for $39. It’s also on dot com. Very light weight down and will be perfect.  It’s also a longer length and comes in black, blue, and purple 

Honored Contributor

@equss wrote:

At Costco I bought a very nice packable jacket with hood by Eddie Bauer for $39. It’s also on dot com. Very light weight down and will be perfect.  It’s also a longer length and comes in black, blue, and purple 

Features:
    • Colors: Black, Blue (Navy Heather), Purple (Dark Plum Heather)
    • 650 fill premium down insulation
    • Responsible Down Standard (RDS) - certified down insulation by Control Union
    • StormRepel® DWR finish sheds moisture
    • Two-way front zipper for comfort while moving or sitting
    • Two secure-zip side pockets
    • Adjustable insulated hood
    • Packs into the included pouch for easy transport
    • Warm and lightweight
    • Made in China

Content:
    • Solid Shell (Black): 100% Nylon
    • Printed Heather Effect Shell (Blue, Purple): 100% Polyester
    • Lining: 100% Nylon
    • Insulation: 80% Down | 20% Waterfowl Feathers

Sizing:
    • Classic fit
    • Designed to fit over midweight layers
    • Size conversion: S=4-6 | M=8-10 | L=12-14 | XL=16-18 | XXL=20-22
    • Color & size subject to availability

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bonnielu wrote:

We will travel in May to Hawaii.  I am looking for packable hooded jackets for myself and my hubby.  Having a really hard time.  I want it to fit, be packed in a provided bag and I want it to be water resistant.  Everywhere I look online I see jackets with cautions that the products are made in Asia and they run very small.  We have limited stores in our area and online is my only real hope.  I have been searching for two weeks.  

@bonnielu   .. my HD and I have some Michael Kors packable down jackets.  Got them at Macy's when they had some pretty good sales.  Love them!

Honored Contributor

Macy's.  Brand:  32 Heat.  Bought a jacket last year for $49.  Fits well, is suprisingly warm and packs into its own bag.  Macy's is always having sales so for me it was a very good buy and I've gotten more use out of it than I thought I would.

Esteemed Contributor

Came back from Costco yesterday and bought a jacket that they had on a sale of sorts.  It will work for me.  I had to go up several sizes as they seem to run small.  Thanks for all your help.