Trusted Contributor

Re: Longline Bomber Jackets

[ Edited ]

@freakygirl That made me Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

You do make a point!   

Honored Contributor

Fashion isn't always literal.

The "riding boot" comes to mind.  Many boots out there that are called riding boots have a large gap at the top which an actual riding boot would never have.

Fashion takes liberties.

Respected Contributor

I like the black and black/white.  Seems to be a new trend coming.  I checked BCBG site earlier and this showed up as a new arrival - it's quilted, called Amelia I think, Olive shade?13012BM_314.jpg  Kind of like them, new twist on a duster. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Why is it called a bomber, a bomber is traditionally short, if you look up the definition it was originally made for pilots to be warm and not unrestrict their movements

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I never liked moto jackets but I liked the look of a bomber jacket.  Actually my daughter and I were doing some online window shopping today.  I'd buy the right bomber but it I'd want one that was an inch or two longer than the ones I was looking at but I don't want one that comes down to my thighs.  I want a classid bomber.   I haven't looked at the ones here but they are cut for a middle aged woman's body, so the fit would work for me.

Honored Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:

i could be wrong, but isn't a bomber jacket so called because its the jacket style of the military pilots, and therefore, short. can it still be called a bomber style if it's long?

That's what I was thinking too.  I think the longer ones should be called "bomber inspired".  They are not classic bomber jackets.   

Honored Contributor

I am not usually a fan of longer length bomber jackets, but the 2 black ones are cute. I own 2 bomber style faux leather jackets. They are a regular length without a lot of extra fabric bulk around the middle. I love wearing mine in the fall with jeans and a sweater. 

Honored Contributor

I ended up ordering the black and white one. Haven't received it yet.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

I'm holding out for the Susan Graver TSV Bomber Jacket.  It's gorgeous. 

Honored Contributor

I saw it in the Insider but can not bring up the item number 

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

I'm holding out for the Susan Graver TSV Bomber Jacket.  It's gorgeous. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.