Honored Contributor

Is just a longer bomber, that's what they're called. I'm thinking about trying one. Have never tried a bomber jacket and I think the longer length would look better on me, for my height and shape. I'm thinking of the solid black one. I do like the black and white too.

Does anyone have a longer bomber jacket?

7227299.jpg7328844.jpg6349191.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

I don't have one but I like it.  I also think it might look better on me than the shorter ones.  

Honored Contributor

I can't wear the short ones, I like the black one.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I have this one from Louis Dell Olio in black.  It's longer on me because I'm 5'2".

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Love a bomber jacket!  Sometimes the shorter ones are too big through the middle, though, when the fabric is heavy (or the lining adds to it). But I love the shorter length when that doesn't happen.

But I like this longer length very much, too.  I particularly like the black and the black and white one.  Very sharp looking.

Honored Contributor

I've never tried one on but I think it is the fabric and the lining. Too poofy and bulky right at my worst area. I don't like the overly shiny bomber jackets either. I could wear a shorter one in the right cut and fabric.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21Girl, if it appeals to you, give it a chance!

Related image

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I've never tried one on but I think it is the fabric and the lining. Too poofy and bulky right at my worst area. I don't like the overly shiny bomber jackets either. I could wear a shorter one in the right cut and fabric.

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I think the problem I have had with some of them is that I am short waisted and so the fabric might just all bunch up around my ribcage when the band at the bottom is in the right place.  I need less length in a shorter bomber than some of them give me.

Definitely an item I have to try on.  I hesitate to order one online.  

A longer one would totally solve the problem!

Trusted Contributor

i could be wrong, but isn't a bomber jacket so called because its the jacket style of the military pilots, and therefore, short. can it still be called a bomber style if it's long? 

Honored Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:

i could be wrong, but isn't a bomber jacket so called because its the jacket style of the military pilots, and therefore, short. can it still be called a bomber style if it's long? 

I think you're exactly right about how it got it's name.

How about fashion just calls this an "elongated" bomber?