Honored Contributor

@tampalady wrote:

Dislike because I am very short...5'   I will not buy anything that is 26 in. or longer.

Love because I AM short!  I also think they elongate me.

A great many of what QVC calls a tunic, I call a plain top.  To me, hitting at my waist or barely my hips is not tunic length.

I have no problems saying I would like to cover my gut!  I don't feel shamed at all when it is described as being able to hide things.  Such a silly extreme point.  Honestly, the majority of us WILL admit to wanting to hide things or not liking aspects of our body shape.

Honored Contributor

I've said this before.  Even though I'm 5'4", I consider that quite short.  Tops and even tunics at mall stores are shorter then they are at QVC.  The only one that offers shorter length is Candace Bure.....and she gets complaints of being too short. Some QVC tunics get down & dirty at 27" and longer. Susan Graver & Denim & Co are just 2 of them that constantly sell long tops.  Isaac is another one.  One reason the thin, small hosts (majority of the hosts) do the half tuck. QVC likes to cover women (issues) like arms, buttocks, hips, etc.  They figure if you cover it up, no one will notice.....

Honored Contributor

Re: Long Tunics

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

They make a big deal of putting back pockets in the correct place in pants & jeans to best shape the rear.  But then sell tops to cover it all up. 

@Caaareful Shopper 

Absolutely true and a bit ironic at the same time. 😉

@NYCLatinaMe 

I prefer a 25-26 inch length top. I'm 5'6". I have a few longer tops and sweaters that I wear with slim leg pants and jeans, but I don't prefer nor do I seek out to buy tunic tops. Just not my style. I see a variety of top lengths in stores, but I see more tunic tops on the Q. 

@Andreatoo 

Totally agree with you regarding the mixed messaging of the Q. Sell & show super tight pants on the models, but then cover it with a tunic top. I've never understood the "sausage casing pant" look anyway. 

Honored Contributor

Am I short waisted?

I'm short from bra band down to my high-ish belly button.  Long from that point downward.  (Long legs)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

I prefer longer tunics (not down to my knees long, but you get the drift).  I have a long torso and a stomach. Most of Kim Gravels regular blouses are just long enough and hit me right at a sweet spot on my waist, but her regular tshirts are too short for me.  Most of the tops except for liquid knit, seem to be too short for me on the Q unless they are tunic or hit more in the middle of the hip.

Honored Contributor

I like my outerwear sweaters to be quite long.  The one I'm working on now measures 20" from underarm to hem.  Comes down about mid-thigh.

It is / will be a turtleneck pullover - multicolor to go with just about every color pants I own.

Trusted Contributor

Love because I am very tall. That said, I haven't been looking so I don't know if it's the trend or not (not that I follow trends, lol).

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Contributor

I only buy tops that are at least 29 inches long.  I purchased five item this weekend because they were 30" to 32" inhes in length.  I have several Susan Graver liquid knit cardigans and my casual french terry tunics are Denim and Company.  Love them!

Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY 

I call myself shortwaisted because when I put on ready to wear pants, the pants' waistband goes up to my chest.  The waists of dresses and tops with built in waists go down to my hips when I put them on.  Since my hips are bigger than my waist, it looks silly and unwearable.

When I sit at a table, my shoulders are too low to reach comfortably. If the chair height is adjustable, I hike it up to reach comfortably.

The length of regular pants, and skirts are most of the time ok on me even though I am only 5'2".  Yes, leggy.

I think if you were shortwaisted, you would know and wouldn't have to ask.

Honored Contributor

I only asked because I really don't know what I am.

I guess I mean that I don't know the definitions of short waisted and long waisted.

Anyway, I'm the one who needs (or likes) high waisted pants/jeans, mainly because I don't like the waist bands to fit across my tummy.  

I have a long body, but I don't know what it's called.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).