Trusted Contributor

Re: Long Sleeved Swimsuit

Yep! This Hawaiian sun can be brutal. That's better than sunscreen.

It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die.
Honored Contributor

Absolutely!  I love it!  Don't have to wear a suit and a rash guard or a suit and a wetsuit top.....

Insanity is just a state of mind. - Hawkeye Pierce
Respected Contributor

I'd wear that.  Currently, I wear Lands End long sleeve rash guards over my suits.  I go boating and swimming almost everyday from May to October and I am super fair and burn.

I wear long sleeves all summer long like most people who live in the tropics.  It's better to cover up than to use chemicals on your skin.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac  I am not surprised you have a couple of these.  I say this in the most flattering way - you are hip, chic and fly :-)

Respected Contributor

Gardengal55 wrote:

I think I like.....am also fair-skinned and tan very slowly.  Have lots of freckles and usually wear 70-100spf at the beach just to get some color without burning.  Married into an Italian family so you can imagine how they all tan!  I know they would laugh at me if I wore that....but even at 61 I don't have any wrinkles! 

I am Italian and I am fair and burn.  I always cover up in the sun.  I have nice skin with no wrinkles skin too.

Esteemed Contributor

@birdmama

283917.gif

TY Languages.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."
Trusted Contributor

I like it, it looks very surfer chic.

Plus my arms are flabby so if I actually put on a swimsuit I would like this. With shorts over it too.

I was just looking at the Lands End shirts with the SPF, I've been wanting to try one for years.

"She wasn't looking for a knight, she was looking for a sword"
Trusted Contributor

I like this, especially if you really swim, nothing falling out or straps coming down. Would be really good for divers.  I will wait until this becomes more main stream.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono, these are the types of swimsuits used for diving and heavy water activity.  This is not a new trend.  There is a brand called Rash Guard or something that sells this type of swimwear.  Sometimes they are short sleeved too.  Most of it looks like its for professionals.

*Call Tyrone*
Trusted Contributor

I like it...I think it would be good for those wanting to avoid sun as much as possible. I also think medications say to avoid sun sometimes and this could possibly help with that.

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2016 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View