Respected Contributor

Lola, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your little furbaby. I'm praying for you as well. May all the precious memories bring you peace.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor
The loss of a lovely feline lady! May her memories grow sweeter and her loss grow softer. Loving thoughts from Poly and Buddie.
Honored Contributor

Lola--so sorry for your loss!! Hugs to you!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor
((((((((Lola))))))) ....... Hugs and prayers.
Valued Contributor

So sorry - a beautiful cat.

Honored Contributor

Thank you again for your thoughtfulness. I suppose in some ways it's better that it happened over a three day weekend, so I have another day to compose myself. I woke up a little before six this morning, despite not having my Rooster Cat to crow her a.m. wake up call. It is terribly sad to look around the corner and not see her there, or to not have her beside me as I type. Here is another picture of her so you can see her beauty- a big heart packed into an itty bitty kitty.

<h3 style="line-height: 22.66666603088379px;"></h3>
Honored Contributor

Aww Lola - I've been where you are now and I know it's so very hard to not look for Emma or do the usual things like refresh her food and water and check the litter pan. It doesn't matter if the bowls and litter pan were picked up or not - you have nearly 17 years of caregiving ingrained in your daily routine.

My sister received the same, somewhat surprising diagnosis for her cat Cuddles (before Christmas) that you received for Emma. The outcome was the same and she was also heartbroken.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

Oh Lola she's so beautiful. It's no wonder you're heartbroken. There's nothing to say really. I always hope we'll see our fur babies someday when we get to heaven. And it seems sure that nothing so lovely can ever really stop living.

When my first kitty Jewel left me after 18 years I got a "J" pendant and did not take it off for a year. I was doing cat rescue so I had a houseful of fosters, but nothing can take away the pain of losing that one special friend... they each have their own souls, or seem to anyway.

Trusted Contributor

lolakimono, I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure that your beautiful Emma loved you and appreciated the love and affection you gave her in return. My thoughts are with you.

Super Contributor
That is one beautiful cat, so sorry for your loss.