Trusted Contributor

Re: Lola - Help with Accessorizing a Dress Please.....

Lola, my shoes should arrive this week.
Respected Contributor

seriously, neither of those earrings with the dress and the flowered clutch doesnt go with either

if you look at how the dress is styled all the necklaces hit at the collarbone. it is a business-like dress imo

please please do not discuss your cat at the reunion especially if you hope to meet a male classmate. just a friendly tip...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]
HimiLover:
AshleighDupray cautioned you against mentioning your beautiful Himilayan to any men at the reunion, if you want to get one. I would advise quite the opposite. It's a great screening tool to separate the good men from those you wouldn't want anyway. A great man will love your cat if he loves you. If a cat turns him off, you don't want him. Last year, I had a date with a guy that asked me, kind of snidely, upon meeting my awesome little puppy, if the pup slept with me. I looked at him kinda sideways, narrowed my eyes, and said, "Gee, I don't see why it matters because YOU won't!" Immediate elimination. My dream guy will love my dog as much as he loves me.
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Trusted Contributor

Maggie, thanks. She apparently doesn't like the dress or anything. The dress looks great on, fitted, it needs some accessorizing. I wouldn't wear that red dress to work. It's too dressy. Red is my color. But, I'm so glad you told that guy off! If someone doesn't love my himi, to heck with them!!😃
Honored Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

seriously, neither of those earrings with the dress and the flowered clutch doesnt go with either

if you look at how the dress is styled all the necklaces hit at the collarbone. it is a business-like dress imo

please please do not discuss your cat at the reunion especially if you hope to meet a male classmate. just a friendly tip...

SMH Cat Mad

Really, I would understand your "feedback" to @Himi lover if the OP  had been interested in choosing a dress.  If you read closely, she has already purchased the dress and is going to wear it to the reunion, and was just looking for help in accessorizing it.  

When you reply to a thread that clearly specifies what the OP needs, you can choose to be "helpful" or not.  If you don't like the earrings, then do something constructive and find her a pair that you would like to see with the dress. Post a link, item numbers, or a photo.  Then she can choose among the options that people have taken their time to find.  There is enough negativity on this fashion board without adding unsolicited "opinions."  

Trusted Contributor

Lola, thanks. I really can't understand why she said all that. I know what looks good on me. I think she was trying to be nasty. Imagine her mentioning my cat? I wouldn't have even thought to bring that up! I think the photo I posted, those earrings, are really dressy. I think with a nice necklace, the dress will look good. I have lots of earrings. I'll wait til the shoes come, then we'll go from there. Some people.....😐
Esteemed Contributor

@LolaK:
THANK YOU for your human sensibilities. You are such a fresh and huggable presence on the fashion board.
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

Hey Himi...these might be a consideration for a more dramatic, flirty statement...might be cute if you decide on the floral clutch...

J318964 

Joan Rivers Shimmering Floral Necklace & Earrings Set

Gray would work with black shoes...

Joan Rivers Shimmering Floral Necklace & Earrings Set

This looks interesting, too...open so the red in your dress would show thru...with just a pair of gold hoop earrings...comes in silver, too...

J317630

Joan Rivers Delicate Daisy 18 Bib Necklace w/ 3 Extender

I hope these pics aren't humongous!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Trusted Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

ITA! Not an interesting topic.

Trusted Contributor

I think I've been given good feedback here. I don't know why she said the earrings and clutch don't go with the dress. The clutch is different, not so formal. I'm not going to see Queen Elizabeth! I have a couple clutches that are more formal. I guess I'll have to decide what mood I'm in that day. Those earrings are very pretty on.