Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,124
Registered: ‎11-16-2014

Re: Logo...


@Pearley wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:
It's no longer an opinion when you start to bash people for wearing certain styles of clothes. Why some of you won't leave personal attacks out of it and want so much to act mean girls I'll never understand. And it's always those that make demeaning remarks pull out the free speech card.

Since we are all adults here, what difference does it make what some anonymous soul on an internet shopping channel forum thinks of what we wear??? I certainly have enough confidence in my choices not to be swayed in the least or insulted in the slightest.

 

Quite a few of these threads are entertaining just to see how worked up some people get about an article of clothing.......LOL


@Trinity11   Since we are all adults here as you point out, why not post civilly?

QVC does have terms of use including being civil to one another.  Bashing people who wear a clothing line is more than just a difference of opinion, as  @Cumbercookie13   points out.  It makes a difference how an adult expresses herself to others; there is no reason to be hateful in making comments about a clothing line.  There is a big difference between not liking a clothing line and being hateful to others in how that dislike is expressed.  Surely you must realize that.

 

At any rate,forum terms of use control, and if people are missing from this board for expressing their opinions, then they violated terms of use.  


@Pearley , everything here is subjective determined by the mods who happen to be posting here at a particular time frame. 

 

As as far as hoping for civil behavior on the Internet? I guess I lost faith on that ever happening a very long time ago. In fact, this forum is tame compared to most I have seen. Take a variety of personalities ...people we do not know and just about anything can and will happen. Being a realist I choose to not contribute to the hateful comments but the only person I can control here is myself. That helps me to put in perspective what's important in my life and let the rest go...

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,923
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Logo...

None of us have control over what comes out of another person's mouth; we do, however, have control of what comes out of our own mouths.

 

Some choose to respond to ugliness; others, let it go. I guess I fall into the former category on occasion, in the same way that I choose not to be silent when faced with bigoted comments.


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
Posts: 26,087
Registered: ‎06-11-2011

Re: Logo...

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11   I have never subscribed to "two wrongs make a right."  The fact that there is a lot of nastiness on the internet doesn't excuse nastiness on a particular site.

Yes, this forum is tame compared to others, but this torum is moderated and has terms of use, which people need to comply with.  Yes, moderators vary in their enforcement of standards here because it is subjective as you say.  None of that, though, excuses how mean and insulting people have been here in expressing their dislike of LOGO.

 

Yes, people can dislike the line.  No, people shouldn't bash others in personal attacks for wearing it.  There are thousands of ways to express a negative opinion about the line without being nasty and mean and writing "sorry I couldn't help it" as one poster above on this thread has done.  Yes, she could have "helped it" and not done it.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,124
Registered: ‎11-16-2014

Re: Logo...


@Pearley wrote:

@Trinity11   I have never subscribed to "two wrongs make a right."  The fact that there is a lot of nastiness on the internet doesn't excuse nastiness on a particular site.

Yes, this forum is tame compared to others, but this torum is moderated and has terms of use, which people need to comply with.  Yes, moderators vary in their enforcement of standards here because it is subjective as you say.  None of that, though, excuses how mean and insulting people have been here in expressing their dislike of LOGO.

 

Yes, people can dislike the line.  No, people shouldn't bash others in personal attacks for wearing it.  There are thousands of ways to express a negative opinion about the line without being nasty and mean and writing "sorry I couldn't help it" as one poster above on this thread has done.  Yes, she could have "helped it" and not done it.


I choose to worry about so many things in life that what someone thinks of my Logo blouse pales in comparison. Guess, that's just me...

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,702
Registered: ‎05-06-2016

Re: Logo...


@Pearley wrote:

@Trinity11   I have never subscribed to "two wrongs make a right."  The fact that there is a lot of nastiness on the internet doesn't excuse nastiness on a particular site.

Yes, this forum is tame compared to others, but this torum is moderated and has terms of use, which people need to comply with.  Yes, moderators vary in their enforcement of standards here because it is subjective as you say.  None of that, though, excuses how mean and insulting people have been here in expressing their dislike of LOGO.

 

Yes, people can dislike the line.  No, people shouldn't bash others in personal attacks for wearing it.  There are thousands of ways to express a negative opinion about the line without being nasty and mean and writing "sorry I couldn't help it" as one poster above on this thread has done.  Yes, she could have "helped it" and not done it.


@Pearley Unfortunately some people refuse to stop at  just expressing their dislike of what's being sold and move on to bash the people who buy it and wear it and they continue to be mean and rude multiple times. Sorry Trinity, I don't consider that being an adult and they need to stop having others come to their defense and make excuses for them. There are quite a few lines sold on QVC I'm not fond of. But I'm not going to come on here and tell them they look like clowns, bag ladies, or hags, or are delusional souls for buying it. 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 915
Registered: ‎05-02-2010

Re: Logo...

Obviously people like her fashion, I am one of them, the quality is there, those who usually shop for clothes in K mart of Walmart, can visualize a better product

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,050
Registered: ‎02-14-2017

Re: Logo...

You know what I do when there’s something on QVC I’m not interested in? I change the channel. I get like 300 of them.

You know what I do when there’s a thread on this forum that doesn’t interest me? I scroll on by.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,124
Registered: ‎11-16-2014

Re: Logo...

[ Edited ]

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

@Pearley wrote:

@Trinity11   I have never subscribed to "two wrongs make a right."  The fact that there is a lot of nastiness on the internet doesn't excuse nastiness on a particular site.

Yes, this forum is tame compared to others, but this torum is moderated and has terms of use, which people need to comply with.  Yes, moderators vary in their enforcement of standards here because it is subjective as you say.  None of that, though, excuses how mean and insulting people have been here in expressing their dislike of LOGO.

 

Yes, people can dislike the line.  No, people shouldn't bash others in personal attacks for wearing it.  There are thousands of ways to express a negative opinion about the line without being nasty and mean and writing "sorry I couldn't help it" as one poster above on this thread has done.  Yes, she could have "helped it" and not done it.


@Pearley Unfortunately some people refuse to stop at  just expressing their dislike of what's being sold and move on to bash the people who buy it and wear it and they continue to be mean and rude multiple times. Sorry Trinity, I don't consider that being an adult and they need to stop having others come to their defense and make excuses for them. There are quite a few lines sold on QVC I'm not fond of. But I'm not going to come on here and tell them they look like clowns, bag ladies, or hags, or are delusional souls for buying it. 


Let's just see how that works out? Maybe people need to change but I highly doubt they will just because the same complaints are lodged here on a weekly basis. It's been going on for years and their rudeness might fire them up to do it even more. All the complaints seem to have fallen on deaf ears. 

 

and let's get one thing straight @Cumbercookie13 . I am not defending them rather explain why they may be doing it.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,001
Registered: ‎07-15-2016

Re: Logo...

If I ever decided to get on here and start blasting what I don't like and designers who I do not buy and the reasons that I don't buy their stuff .... I'd be blown right out of the forum!

 

Banned until the end of time!   

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,292
Registered: ‎04-04-2014

Re: Logo...

@ALRATIBA 

As would I but it's not how I roll.

 

Worse than some of the comments, to me, is how hard some of these people fight for their right to be mean spirited?!! Really? It's that important to you??

 

I always speak my mind but since my goal isn't to belittle and offend it usually doesn't...