Occasional Contributor

Logo tops with wrinkle marks.. Help??!!

So I am an admittedly obsessed Logo hoarder (collector) that I have no intention of stopping... my only issue is that I can't find the best way to launder my tops... I've tried to wash on cold and immediately hang to dry.. I've tried washing on cold and laying flat to dry... I've tried half drying on low heat then hanging while damp.. no matter the method I always have these dark discolorations where the wrinkles were. I've steamed my tops.. the material ends up nice and smooth but the marks are still there where the wrinkle was.. any tips ladies?

Respected Contributor

Re: Logo tops with wrinkle marks.. Help??!!

I'm sorry you are having this problem.  I own a lot of Logo tops and have never had this problem.  When I receive a new item, I always hang it up and all wrinkles fall out in a couple of days.  When laundering Logo tops, I always use the hand wash cycle then I put them in the dryer on delicate for 5-10 minutes.  I take them out of the dryer and immediately hang them to finish drying.  If you have items that are discolored at the place where the wrinkles were, then that is a quality control issue and you should notify QVC and get your money back.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know that I can remove wrinkles (even previous pant hems) from clothing with a cloth lightly soaked in vinegar, and ironed over the wrinkle.   I don't think it is possible to remove discoloration, however, as IMHO it indicates a fabric that wasn't properly dyed.  I guess if you're determined to continue buying LOGO, you will probably have to live with the issue.  Sorry I can't be more help.

Back just a thought -  If you allow your washing machine to spin the LOGO tops, that might be the cause of some of your problem.  Maybe you should wash them separately from any other clothing, and remove them before the unit spins and creates wrinkles.

Trusted Contributor

I understand your frustration!  I bought a few Logo tops but I stopped because of the wrinkling problem!  They are too difficult to store and wash and are definitely not good for traveling!  What I do is wash in cold water and hang to dry..then iron lightly and fold them over a hanger with a rod and hang in my closet!  They never really look perfect again!  I do like Logo Lounge however the fabric is heavier!Woman Happy

Super Contributor

I think it might be your washing machine.  I have the same problem with my Linea whisper knits.  It looks like veins that you would find on a piece of marble or other stone.  I think the HE machines, even on delicate or hand wash, spind the fabrics too much.  With my Linea, when I put them in the dryer for 10 minutes the wrinkles come out and after they finish hang drying they are no longer there.  My suggestions are putting your Logo in a bag for delicate items to see if that works.  With my Linea I needed to dry my items on medium heat for about 10 minutes and not a lower setting to solve the problem.

Occasional Contributor

Karlam,

That is exactly how I'd describe it.. like marble veins or something of the like.  I'll try your method and see if it helps.

You gals are the best!

Occasional Contributor

Agreed, they never really look quite as good after they've been washed... and the lounge line really does hold it's shape better. I'm loving her sweaters though... heavy enough to not get wrinkly, but not so heavy that they don't have nice drape. LOVING the one  that was the TSV awhile back with the faux suede sleeves... I bought it in every color!

Honored Contributor

@flwrgirl927 wrote:

Agreed, they never really look quite as good after they've been washed...

@tooniecat  That has not been my experience at all. I buy a lot of LOGO As Is and the first thing I do is wash the garment.  Each piece has come out great - no issues at all.  Wash and wear.  I don't put any of them in the dryer though.  I'm just not a big fan of the dryer in terms of preserving clothing and mostly use mine to dry sheets and towels of course.  But clothes I value?  Nope. Line dry.

Occasional Contributor

Ha! I thought it qas me too!  And I too have a HE washing and I am willing to bet that's the issue.  I wash my Logo on delicate and I NEVER dry my clothes in the dryer.  I line dry everything and steam my clothes.  Thank you for offering this suggestion.  I will try it.  Coincidently I washed a Logo top yesterday and got this marble effect and actually wondered if this happened because of the spin cycle.

Respected Contributor

That's a shame that happens especially for the $$$. 

When one buys a quality item that shouldn't happen.