Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

When we discuss fashion, inevitably somebody bring up the escalating prices of Logo, Susan Grave, D&C, etc.  Why does nobody mention the riduculous prices of the goop sold by Dr. Perricone, PTRoth, Dr. Denese., etc?  They probably use 50 cents worth of ingredients and change something exorbitant.   And there's no proof these products do a darn thing.

I couldn't agree more! Great point! 

Respected Contributor

What the?

Honored Contributor

I was flipping around last night and saw this on Amy while she was presenting something else.  At first I thought it was one of Kathleen Kirkwoods new lace extender tops.  

I didn't care for it at all but I don't know if it was because I thought it overwhelmed Amy and was too much with her jeans, or because I just don't like the top.

People say Amy can wear anything and look good but when I saw her in that top and jeans, I thought it was a bad look. 

The price is irrelevent to me because even if this was $20.00 I wouldn't buy it.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

When we discuss fashion, inevitably somebody bring up the escalating prices of Logo, Susan Grave, D&C, etc.  Why does nobody mention the riduculous prices of the goop sold by Dr. Perricone, PTRoth, Dr. Denese., etc?  They probably use 50 cents worth of ingredients and change something exorbitant.   And there's no proof these products do a darn thing.

@Kachina624 

I agree the pricing has gone through the roof for everything but QVC sets the prices. Maybe beauty might not be much of a target because you can change up the products and tailor them to your lifestyle, whereas you can't change the color of a top or the construction for the most part. And some of the beauty products are by people that seem to be trusted more. I always keep seeing  comments that Lori, Susan, Kim G. aren't real designers so they have no business making clothes, but a doctor with years of experience is allowed to create an expensive beauty line no questions asked. 

You will always have the same core group of posters who will compain nonstop about certain vendors bringing the same old arguments, which yes, they're allowed to do, but then it gets into bashing people who wear the clothes, which needs to stop.  I think this pretty much gives some an excuse to feel better about what's in their closet. I don't think wearing only classic and tailored styles makes anyone superior than someone who wears cold shoulder, ruffles, and cropped pants with zippers at the hem. Everyone has their own style and is allowed to express themselves as long as it's not breaking actual laws. I have quite a bit of Logo. I like the line. I like Lori's colors, I like that she makes longer length tops, I like that she refuses to follow the stodgy rules of fashion quite a few here insist everyone must adhere to, even though sometimes it doesn't always work out. And to point out, I am not a fan of that tank that was shown last night. Quite a few of us who do wear Logo aren't into the more frilly pieces. 

The point is, Logo, Susan Graver, D&C sells because it's what the majority wants, comfortable, casual fashion that can be dressed up and down and takes us through the day, and there are people out there are willing to pay the prices for them. 

Trusted Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

LOVE LOGO!  Love her palettes and styles.  Get with the program.  In my opinion, Susan Graver is nothing more than 70's polyester with the loud prints, and meant for 90 year old woman

What program would that be -- yours?  Making negative remarks about another designer to defend your opinion is not cool.

Respected Contributor

Why do people think lacy things look like tableclothes, or sometimes, curtins?  I see this on Say Yes to the Dress, as well.  I know of lots of  lacy things that aren't table cloths.  Like blouses!.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

@tropics21   We all have our likes and dislikes; there's nothing wrong with that.  But your comment that is telling people to "get with the program" is very unkind.

Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

@tropics21   We all have our likes and dislikes; there's nothing wrong with that.  But your comment that is telling people to "get with the program" is very unkind.

@PhilaLady1   Interesting you didn't call out the other very unkind remarks on this thread.

Honored Contributor

Each to his own.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Irish1210 wrote:

Love this top ~ just ordered two colors : )

@Irish1210   I think it's cute and would look great under a lightweight cardigan.  Enjoy!