Respected Contributor

Re: Locked post-coupons

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee,  Well I see their point but they allowed it for such a long time so when they stopped, it felt petty and punitive. I suspect they probably lost business from that. I know there were a number of threats from some at the time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tiny 2  I wasn't on the board when coupons were allowed.  They haven't been allowed ever since I've been here.

Honored Contributor

@Pearleewrote:

@Nightowlzwrote:

@tiny 2wrote:

We used to post coupons  and codes all the time. It was a lot of fun sharing the codes and reporting back the finds. Suddenly it was against standards. Heavy sigh.Woman Sad

@tiny 2 ITA!!! What's wrong with posting coupons helping others out to save a little cash. Geezzzzzz

@Nightowlz  What's wrong I assume, from QVC's viewpoint, is that Q is a for-profit business and doesn't want to drive any business away by advertising (via someone's post) coupons to competitors' products, thus inevitably losing business for QVC.   If I were a shareholder in QVC, which I'm not, I'd certainly approve of this current policy.

QVC is a business.  What businessperson would want to drive business elsewhere? (Other than in Miracle on 34th Stree when Macy's Santa refers people over to Gimble's - in a fantasy film?)

@Pearlee Oh ITA but I'm looking for the best price for what I'm buying. If Q has the better price I would buy from them. I'm all about saving money. I hardly ever buy anything that's not on sale. I want a % discount & or free shipping. I don't want the discount if you are just raising the price before you offer the discount. I'm no dummy.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

This forum is no fun anymore, it hasn't been for a long time. I'm really not new here, I used to be ok4ablonde but then I had to start a new personna due to password issues.

Anyhoo, someone posted about Friday's episode on The Bold & The Beautiful and I told her to get a grip, it was only a soap opera and both our posts were deleted.

I responded to cbrite on another thread also (today) and it was deleted too. Just that it was too much drama.

Too much sensitivity and the dumbing-down of forum posters' rights to free speech. Yeah, I know it's QVC's forum. At least I can still vote with the money I spend here (none at all now).