Honored Contributor

Lizzo at the NAACP Awards Saturday night...............

[ Edited ]

Gown by Mary Katrantzou.  I think she looks stunning.  Such a beautiful lady. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lizzo at the NAACP Awards Saturday night...............

I'll have the Spanx that she's wearing. That dress fits her perfectly.

Respected Contributor

If I just saw the fabric alone, I would think it was odd.  But that dress looks great on her!

Valued Contributor

not many women could wear that dress, but she looking stunning in it. Her hair and makeup look fabulous as well.

Honored Contributor

If I was her stylist, it would not have been my choice.  If she is happy and comfortable with it, more power to her!

Honored Contributor

That dress makes her look thinner because there's color-blocking side panels in black. She looks good.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Gown by Mary Katrantzou.  I think she looks stunning.  Such a beautiful lady. 

@San Antonio Gal 

Not wild about the print --- but this dress -- the style, fit, etc. - really works for her! It's probably about the best look I have seen on her! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

For some unknown reason, I like it and she looks great in it. I don't Love it but I do like it.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

She did look stunning, and she was genuinely so surprised at winning Entertainer of the Year Award, gave a great speech as well....... 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the dress takes away from her. That is the kind of dress that wears whoever wears it. Like modeling for the designer.

Not that she hasn't worn things like that before, like the candy bar dress which I actually liked!

But with that one, I think as quirky as that candy bar dress looked it also made us look at her, as much as the dress.

I want to see her wearing a dress that compliments and shows off her, so we think she looks beautiful and stunning (which I think she is).

I didn't say that very clearly but You all probably know what I mean.

I do like to see what she's going to wear next and I think she likes to wear and try all kinds of things, very adventurous things and stepping out of the box. I love her for that too.

I guess I just don't like this dress, the print or anything.

Lol! I should have just said that in the beginningWoman LOL

I do think she likes to wear and try out whatever the heck she wants,and whats appropriate or classic or "in" be d...d so it is really fun to see what she will wear next. And for me and probably others, that may be another reason we love her.

She is so surprising and so much fun and not afraid to tell it like it is in her songs.

She really is uniqueHeart

I just read that before she released her first billboard single she was going to give up music thinking that no one would care or notice if she did. She cried all day she said. But her producer convinced her that it mattered to him? and her, and it went off the charts!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"