Respected Contributor

I have a Liz Lange maxi dress that I've had for a few years and it's very comfortable but I  wish I had not bought it in a floral print on a black background because the black has definitely faded. The only other negative thing I can say about it is that, since the lower part of the dress is so voluminous,  it's very heavy.

Honored Contributor
You guys used the C word! Oh no! Haven't you heard? According to Liz Lange comfortable is a bad word in clothing which incidentally is the silliest thing I've ever heard! If someone tells me I look cute and comfortable I do not run home and change
Esteemed Contributor

I did some spring cleaning and got rid of the last Liz Lange tunic I had. While the angled striped chevron pattern was nice, the rayon/spandex blend material looked cheap and I don't like it enough to wear it again.

I also dumped some other rayon blend tops for the same reason, they pill easily and look worn out quickly.

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

I thought her recent TS last week was awful. 

All of her dresses look alike.  I do not own her maxi.  I don't care for most of her items.  I think many women on these boards have some of her dresses though, and they should be able to give you an answer.

I have to agree.  I didn't care for the TS last week at all.

I bought one of her maxis and rarely wore it.  It quickly ended up in the donation bin.  From behind, it was not a good look.  My other problem is the length.  Her dresses are not a true maxi.  I am only 5'4" tall and her "maxis" come above my ankle.  It is an awkard length.  If and when I buy a maxi dress, I want a maxi length.

All her her dresses look alike to me.  Same dress, different prints.  Then she started doing the same design but in tops.  I cannot imagine having a closet full of the same thing but that's me. 

Valued Contributor

Well, I guess I'm a dissenter here--I literally have DOZENS of her dresses and cardis, and NO KIDDING, every single time I go out in one a get at least one compliment from perfect strangers--men and women!  They think I've gone to so much trouble to look nice, when all I've done is just pull on one of these dresses.   I'm 5'8 and find the length to be just fine--some are a little shorter and some are a little longer.  I wear them year round--with boots in the winter and sandals in the summer.  I wouldn't be without them!

Honored Contributor

When Liz Lange first came to HSN, I bought 2  georgette peasant tops.  When I washed them the hems and seams raveled terribly. Based on the reviews, others had the same problem.

I bought her original maxi dress and liked everything about it except the big plastic ring. (which broke in the washing machine.

Never purchased from her line again.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

I thought her recent TS last week was awful. 

All of her dresses look alike.  I do not own her maxi.  I don't care for most of her items.  I think many women on these boards have some of her dresses though, and they should be able to give you an answer.

I have to agree.  I didn't care for the TS last week at all.

I bought one of her maxis and rarely wore it.  It quickly ended up in the donation bin.  From behind, it was not a good look.  My other problem is the length.  Her dresses are not a true maxi.  I am only 5'4" tall and her "maxis" come above my ankle.  It is an awkard length.  If and when I buy a maxi dress, I want a maxi length.

All her her dresses look alike to me.  Same dress, different prints.  Then she started doing the same design but in tops.  I cannot imagine having a closet full of the same thing but that's me. 

And that big "ring" she uses....not my style at all.   I'm just not a fan of 99% of her line.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

I own two - one is solid purple and the other a black print.  I like them both, fit true, wash well, don't wrinkle, don't cling.  I am 5'4" and got petite, which is perfect with lower heeled shoes.

I received my dress in black and white and I love it.  The material is very nice.  I like that this dress is completely bra friendly, no big arm holes.  I am 38' around the bust the these details are important.  I am a size 12, 5'6 and ordered the medium and I probably could have ordered a small.  The material flows over the body, no clinging.  It is not too long I can wear sandals with no problems.  I see why this dress is so popular.  Glad she took the buckle off though.

Honored Contributor

i received both of the TS......and they are going back. the top on them was a weird material......hard to describe. the pants were fine. i am not sure why she didnt do them in the rayon spandex or even a silky feel poly spandex. i am trying to figure out what it feels like. while the print was nice the material wasnt. it almost felt like a very thin sweater.

the two toppers i ordered, one shorter, one longer, are both keepers. they are very versatile and i can use them with so much in my wardrobe already. i bought one in a solid black and one in a black/white bold floral print.

2 hits, 2 misses.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Enjoy it! Those dresses look so comfortable. 

I tried one of her maxi dresses on at an HSN Outlet & it confirmed what I suspected - the style is not good for me. No amount of design "magic" is going to change the fact that I am short-waisted. I've got a nice hour glass shape but her style dress does nothing for me.