Honored Contributor

Re: Liz Claiborne and Isaac Mizrahi Live--Why the two separate lines?

On 4/8/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 4/8/2014 SunnyinSEPA said:
On 4/8/2014 PKB said:

Why the two separate lines? Because they are two separate designers! Just because some items are similar doesn't mean they should get rid of one of them.

My experience is the IML sizing runs smaller than the Liz line

"Mizrahi will remain chief designer of his brands, which include his lifestyle collection as well as his two lines for QVC, IsaacMizrahiLIVE and Liz Claiborne New York (not to be confused with the main Liz Claiborne line,..."

WHERE is this quote from ..... ?

http://nymag.com/thecut/2011/09/isaac_mizrahi_sold_his_company.html

(this is the same company that just bought the judith ripka line) article is from 2011.

they are definitely two distinct lines. i dont buy from the lcny line....it is generally too conservative for me. i do like some of the IM clothing items and buy them (just bought a long tank he has in about 5 colors).....really love his bridgehampton line of handbags and scarves.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

On 4/8/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 4/8/2014 SunnyinSEPA said:
On 4/8/2014 PKB said:

Why the two separate lines? Because they are two separate designers! Just because some items are similar doesn't mean they should get rid of one of them.

My experience is the IML sizing runs smaller than the Liz line

"Mizrahi will remain chief designer of his brands, which include his lifestyle collection as well as his two lines for QVC, IsaacMizrahiLIVE and Liz Claiborne New York (not to be confused with the main Liz Claiborne line,..."

WHERE is this quote from ..... ?

New York Magazine

Honored Contributor

It's all ""stuff"" (I'm still reeling from the other thread) made by QVC either owned or ""deal with"" factories I assume. You will see a lot of this crossover in the clothing and some of the other products on QVC.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure poor Liz would roll over if she saw her name on this stuff...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥