Trusted Contributor

Re: Liz Claiborne - What's going on?

I hope they don't get rid of Denim & Co.! That is my favorite brand on Q V C. I only own a few items from the line, but I love them. Most all of my clothes come from outside the Q. The new lines are made with a lot os synthetic and man made materials, which I choose not to wear or buy. I think that you are right the Q is hoping to catch a new younger crowd, however, they are treading a thin line because those of us who are middle aged have more disposable income and are core customers of the Q.

Honored Contributor

No love lost here for the LC line...

I tried a few pieces and there was never enough room for my arms...

I won't go up a size for my arms and swim in the rest of the garment.

Honored Contributor

I have purchased a few Liz items from the Q and JCP.  The ones I have I like.  I don't like every piece they offer, but then that is true of any brand.  I just hate to see one more traditional classic brand getting phased out. I guess classic isn't popular anymore.  Hopefully, other brands that sell classic clothes will survive so I have something to buy and wear.

Trusted Contributor

MBR has a large blog today explaining about the new show.  She acknowledges that many do  not like change but she thinks it is a good thing.  She has pictures of her 27 year collection of jewerly from QVC.   I will miss the LCNY show.  I have purchased many of her clothes.  They last forever and do not go out of style.   "In style" items are nice but I refuse to pay alot for things that go out in a year or so.  I also have a mixed collection of jewerly but the items in MBR's pictures are things that I would seldom wear.  I love the more natural gemstones in simple settings that I wear anytime/anywhere with any outfit.    I have natural gem jewerly that I bought while in high school.  Still looks and wears great.  I get many compliments when I wear them.  

Honored Contributor

I guess is there won't be a contract renewal for the LC line, they have to fill the slot somehow.  It seems like all the better designers are going elsewhere (HSN, EVINE).  So they need to resort to Diamonique.  I'm not a big fan of Diamonique, so I won't be watching that time slot any longer, though I do enjoy MBR.  They've gotten rid of GS, they're trying to get rid of LC, they appear to be ready to get rid of me also!!!!!  Sorry, I'm not much into the newer brands, especially not LOGO.

Esteemed Contributor

The Q takes LCNY and Qverizes it until it no longer resembles the original and wonders why it's not a hit. I loved LC but never made a purchase at the Q. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think the LC line is different than it was a few years ago. I liked more of the clothes...now.... not so much.

I did buy a LC purse and matching shoes today at J C Penney.....

Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone know where LC will be available?  I did like what I bought on the Q and hope I will be able to find it somewhere else.

Esteemed Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

Does anyone know where LC will be available?  I did like what I bought on the Q and hope I will be able to find it somewhere else.

@, JCP carries it. 

Honored Contributor

I have some widely striped short sleeve shirts in a brown, cream and one in a blue red.  The necklines weren't faced or corded They were just turned under and stitched.  

Not high quality, but the fabric was really good, so I kept them.!