Honored Contributor

Liz Claiborne - What's going on?

I missed everything that happened today (3-30-16), but I'm reading that Mary Beth will be doing a Diamonique show in the Wednesday, 9 a.m. timeslot. I knew Carolann was replacing Linda, but is the show going to have a regular timeslot at all, or just be on once in a while? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Liz Claiborne - What's going on?

I saw the ending of the show from today and it truly sounds like no more full hour Liz shows.  CarolAnn said something like 'here and there'.  Pretty soon, sounds more like to me gone baby gone.

Respected Contributor

beach-mom:  From what I gathered on the show there will no longer be a Liz Claiborne show.  The line will be shown during fashion shows, at random, and you will have to check the net for her line.  I am so upset I can spit.  I always looked forward to my Wed. morning to watch this show with my cup of coffee.  Love LC jeans, tops (LC's tops have a slight a-line shape at the bottom which looks terrific if you have hips, which I do, instead of just a straight up and down top), and her maxi dresses.  I cannot believe they are going to show Diamonique in this time slot.  So upset!!!!!  

Trusted Contributor

Excel, which owns the line for qvc is not renewing its contract when it expires this August 2016. The line is leaving the Q permanently.

Contributor

Interesting.  So that is why Linda jumped ship.

Trusted Contributor

@dperry wrote:

Excel, which owns the line for qvc is not renewing its contract when it expires this August 2016. The line is leaving the Q permanently.

Not exactly correct as they don't "own the line for QVC."  According to Xcel Brands 10-K released in March:  "Presently, our brand portfolio consists of the Isaac Mizrahi and Judith Ripka brands, as well as the recently acquired H by Halston, H Halston, and C Wonder brands, and the recently created Highline Collective brand. We also manage and design the Liz Claiborne New York brand through July 31, 2016.  

Contributor

Rude how they closed the LCNY show this moring.  I thought CarolAnn appeared upset.  Very strange - including the letter from MB

Honored Contributor

I have only ordered a couple things...maybe only 1, from the LC line so I will not necessarily miss the shows.  I do miss the Dialogue line...that was a nice professional line of clothing...I still have several items in my closet along with other tops from lines that not longer are in production.

I am not a big fan of the new 'designer' brands...to trendy for me (61 years this summer)...I like to dress in a more traditioal manner. and so tired of the sharkbite, high low hems and leggings.  I have only purchased a few pieces ofclothing on the q since the new shipping policy went int effect....to expensive to take the risk.....pants never fit.

Trusted Contributor

I stand corrected, but the result will still be the same. The line will be phased out on the Q. I believe the sales for Liz were not as strong as some other brands.

Super Contributor

LC probably doesn't fit in anymore with whatever direction QVC thinks it is headed. QVC seems to be turning its back on its core customers in search of someone younger and hipper.

Put it on the pile with George Simonton, probably Joan Rivers and Bob Mackie next. They tried to get rid of Louis D. but brought him back for now.

They don't want those older brands anymore, I suspect, even if sales are decent. It's all Isaac, Logo, Halston - names they can get a piece of. Same thing for other areas - Dooney, IT - look out, other brands.