Frequent Contributor

Liz Claiborne- Printed dress A266182

Wow, are you kidding me?A266182 Pretty print until you notice that is actually has a horizontal stripe.  The quality is not there.  They did not match and front and back of the dress to match those stripes and then notice the hemline it looks like it was not hemmed correctly, but it is all in the way it was cut. Woman Sad So not good!

Contributor

Re: Liz Claiborne- Printed dress A266182

I noticed the same thing when Linda Davies who was wearing the dress turned slightly to the side.  It is such a large busy print, the mismatch of the panels is glaring!  What were they thinking?????  This is such an unprofessional job of laying out the pattern on the fabric.  Where is Quality Control in both design and production??????  This dress should be removed from inventory.

Honored Contributor

Liz Claiborne New York Petite 3/4 Sleeve Printed Dress

Honored Contributor

I noticed this too OP - very poor quality in the manufacturing of the dress. It looks especially bad at the hem IMO.
Trusted Contributor

I used to love Liz Claiborne when it was in the high end department stores.  I even liked it when it first came to QVC.   Once the brand was sold to JC Penney, Penny got  the same "investment" company that bought Isaac's brand and Judith Ripka's company involved to help them with design and manufacturing.  It has all gone down hill now.  I haven't purchased anything from the LCNY line in over a year.  Everything looks cheap and hate the styles.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I just love that dress and the print.  But, at the time, I, too, noticed the large horizontal print doesn't match up on the side seams.  What a shame.  Well, it would bother me.  For others, though, it is such a beautiful print and color combinations.  Darn, I feel like ordering it anyway, it's such a beautiful print.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

You know, I didn't notice this problem when I originally saw the dress presented. But once it was pointed out, I have to agree. With a small, random print it's one thing, but this has a very noticeable horizontal "stripe," and it most definitely should have been matched on the sides. Pretty dress otherwise -- it's a shame.

Contributor

The new coat/jacket has stripes that do not match. i am sorry, but I am not spending money on something that has unmatched plaids or stripes.

Honored Contributor

I didn't see this dress presented but even looking at the hem of that dress, it looks terrible.

There are people who don't pay any attention to that sort of thing, don't care or don't realize the prints, stripes, etc. should match.  It costs more money to properly have these prints match and some people don't want to pay the extra money.

That would drive me nuts and it's something I notice immediately. There is a line of clothing sold on Evine that more often than not the prints never match and it makes me want to scream.  LOL   

Honored Contributor

What is it with all the horizontal stripes and patterns in that line.   Is that all they do?

They should really try to match up the stripes and prints.  It looks horrible.