Honored Contributor

Sometimes I think I am in the clouds.  I am wondering why all these ankle pants/jeans.  Hello??  Well, that's because of the Shooties everyone is offering and it actually looks good.  Yes, the ankle pants/jeans with a Shootie is the way to go.  So I just purchased an ankle pair of Martha's jeans and a Shootie by Earth.  I hope everything works out.  I may be a "Mature" woman but I like to follow some trends   How about you?  Do you like the look?  HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Sorry.  No ankle pants for me.  To me, no matter how they're styled, they still look like flood pants to me.  But hope you enjoy your new look!

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1  YES!  I'm petite, and i feel I look best in styles with slim legs, which the ankle pants have.  Comfortable, too!  Enjoy your puchases.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette  Have you tried ankle pants?  You  have your opinion but I never looked at the ankle pants as floods.  

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I agree that the ankle pants look like floods.  It is just the era I am from and I haven't moved away from that mindset.  I did however, also order a pair of Earth's wedge lace up sandals. I only wear slim bootcut jeans.......everywhere.  I hate to say how many pairs I own Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1. No, I don't typically buy items that don't appeal to me.  I just stick with things that I feel will look good on me.  I'm not a fan of crop pants either, FWIW.

Trusted Contributor

LOVE ANKLE PANTS! I BET WHAT YOU ORDERED @Katcat1 WILL LOOK VERY SMART ON YOU! I AM LIKE YOU, I LIKE TO STAY IN STYLE, BUT I SURE DON'T EVER TRY TO LOOK LIKE I'M 25 YRS OLD LOL. I DON'T FEEL THERE IS A THING WRONG WITH YOU WANTING TO LOOK SHARP, IN FACT, I REALLY ADMIRE YOU FOR IT!

Respected Contributor

I never wear shoes with more than a 1 3/4" heel & love crop & ankle pants...even when they  go out of fashion I'll still be wearing them. Enjoy your new jeans & shoes @Katcat1.

Regular Contributor

I love the look paired with the right shoes and top. Fashion can be fun for sure!

But in reality, fads come & go, and classic smart looking styles last forever.

One thing i don't like about a lot of this years  "jeans" are the unfinished hems with threads hanging. I do not get the thought process behind that at all. It looks like hems were released and somebody wore them already- not to mention all the pricey jeans out there that are preripped and full of holes.

Esteemed Contributor

I like capris or full length pants.  Ankle pants look like floods to me, as other have posted.  But they are very popular, so I guess I am an old fuddy duddy.  It is just not something I would buy or wear.  PLUS, if it is cool enough outside to wear pants, why would you not want your ankles covered?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead