Trusted Contributor

Re: Live chat -- Lisa Robertson show

Pam the plus sized model in short shorts and high heels? Oh my gosh!
Super Contributor

On 3/14/2014 brunette8706 said: Pam the plus sized model in short shorts and high heels? Oh my gosh!

I thought she looked great.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/14/2014 Bikkie said:
On 3/14/2014 brunette8706 said: Pam the plus sized model in short shorts and high heels? Oh my gosh!

I thought she looked great.

I am sorry I have to disagree. Even slender girls in short shorts don't wear heels. It wasn't an attractive look. She would have looked much better in Bermuda shorts and flats.
Trusted Contributor

On 3/14/2014 LisaDBS said:

Fake, fake, fake! Fashion and jewelry on the Q lately, especially where Lisa is concerned, is not worth watching and buying!!! Sick of the over-priced JR jewelry (plated, diamonique) and the GILI/Bronzo jewelry that I purchased is now tarnishing!!! Yeah, I loved it, got it, now, I hate it!!!!!!! What a waste of money. Very disappointed in QVC............ In my opinion, Lisa is not the Queen at the Q or this big fashion icon/expert. What is up with her entire style lately?? Always in black and with her hair up and pulled back.............NOT flattering on her at all!!!! She just repeats herself over and over. Her personality has even changed in the last decade that I've been watching. I watch less and less these days which is probably a good thing.

You do know that QVC owns the Gili line. Lisa only brings in her own designer products to show them tweaks them a little and the Q is responsible for manufacturing. And enough about her hair already, don't you people get tired of always making rude comments about her and her hair. Really, enough is enough. Why don't you complain to her stylist? Can Lisa ever do anything right in your eyes ?. I just don't get why you bother to watch her, oh I know so you can come on these forums and make ridiculous and demeaning remarks.
Trusted Contributor

My understanding is a forum is to express thoughts, positive or negative. I don't know why some posters get so upset with negative replies about Lisa or anyone /anything. We can agree, disagree, or agree to disagree! That being said, IMO the GILI line is overpriced. Also, Lisa subjects herself to comments because she is an on air personality. Not many of us "love" everyone on the TV screen. Also, Amy's choice of clothing while she is pregnant is interesting at best! She is young and excited about her first baby. I remember how that feels even though it's been a long time! And, she is a beauty! Just absolutely lovely.
Super Contributor

Any thread starting with "Lisa" is going to draw comments from both sides of the fence. Her fan club should.know,this by now. It's an open board that is designed to express the opinions both good and bad of the viewers. Lisa is a beautiful looking woman, but I just can't watch her or buy anything G.I.L.I. I speak from both sides of the fence. I give QVC credit for bringing in a younger perspective to their fashion inventory which is sadly matronly.
Honored Contributor

I thought Lisa looked great. I don't care for her hair, but she just was not blessed with good hair. No one is perfect. She's so pretty and has to have one flaw. I didn't like that jacket. MOST of her jackets are far too cropped. She needs a bit of length. She brings in jackets that are far too short for the models too. They look out of proportion.

I thought Amy's pants were beyond weird, but she looks so cute pregnant. Lisa looked fine but she needs some length on her tops.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

On 3/15/2014 winamac1 said:

I thought Lisa looked great. I don't care for her hair, but she just was not blessed with good hair. No one is perfect. She's so pretty and has to have one flaw. I didn't like that jacket. MOST of her jackets are far too cropped. She needs a bit of length. She brings in jackets that are far too short for the models too. They look out of proportion.

I thought Amy's pants were beyond weird, but she looks so cute pregnant. Lisa looked fine but she needs some length on her tops.

I totally agree with your assessment.
Honored Contributor

First of all I want to say I like Lisa and always have.

Second, I watched the whole show on mute because I was on the phone with my daughter.

I noticed the hairdo too. Lisa has a rather large head compared to average and a high forehead. IMO she should shorten her hair significantly (and I like long hair) and wear at least half-bangs.

I have seen plus size models on Lisa's show. I didn't notice if there were any plus size last night. However, this show is supposed to be like a runway, high fashion show, a few steps up from PM Style. Whether or not we like it, one doesn't see plus size models on the runways.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

LOL Ford you reminded me of a Seinfeld episode where a cab driver says to Elaine:"Lady will you move your big head out of the way I can't see out the back"

ETA: I don't think Lisa has a big head I think it might appear so only because of the way she has been styling her hair. I like Lisa, and I like it when she wears her hair normally, with a little bit of bangs and shoulder length