Respected Contributor

Re: Liv Tyler at British Fashion Award show in London...

@Sooner wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

No. Its not working for her.

Too heavy. Too boxy.

Too old.

She's a beautiful woman. Its not necessary for her to hide under all that material.

Please understand that a lot of women like me do NOT consider this as hiding at all.  I consider it a choice and for me and many others it is how we might want to look.  

Why is that such a problem for so many people?  I feel like women are shaming her for a reasonable and to some of us great fashion choice.

What do you want her to wear if say she wants to produce a big movie and is looking for financial backers?  What if someone like me wants to work on staff for the governor of my state?  What if I want to be a mayor or a university president?  What should I wear?  A tight red dress with cleavage?

It's starting to bug me that people, as they say, "throw shade" on women dressed like this.  There is nothing wrong with wearing something not flattering or not showing off your figure or some other reason like that.  I'm so tired of hearing women criticized for that.  It's like any other shaming going on.  

If I sound harsh, I guess I've come to feel that way about it.  

I'll turn the question around.

Why do you feel that women who choose not to dress in a very conservative manner are trashy? Or unprofessional or not to be taken seriously?

You've thrown a lot of shade at women who choose differently than you.

It's all opinions, @Sooner.

Your is no more important than mine is.

Honored Contributor

It appears to be a "tuxedo" look. I like tuxedos on men, but not on women.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

NAY X 1,000 %

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Too heavy. Too boxy.

Too old.

She's a beautiful woman. Its not necessary for her to hide under all that material.

Please understand that a lot of women like me do NOT consider this as hiding at all.  I consider it a choice and for me and many others it is how we might want to look.  

Why is that such a problem for so many people?  I feel like women are shaming her for a reasonable and to some of us great fashion choice.

What do you want her to wear if say she wants to produce a big movie and is looking for financial backers?  What if someone like me wants to work on staff for the governor of my state?  What if I want to be a mayor or a university president?  What should I wear?  A tight red dress with cleavage?

It's starting to bug me that people, as they say, "throw shade" on women dressed like this.  There is nothing wrong with wearing something not flattering or not showing off your figure or some other reason like that.  I'm so tired of hearing women criticized for that.  It's like any other shaming going on.  

Why do you feel that women who choose not to dress in a very conservative manner are trashy? Or unprofessional or not to be taken seriously?

@Ms tyrion2  Because when you wear transparent clothing you are looking trashy.  Sorry.  There are limits to everything aren't there?  Any style of clothing can be taken to the extremes and be bizarre, matronly, trashy.  

My comments are that I think people dress the way they want to be seen, what does see through clothing say about a person?  Really?  

You can make an extreme case for any argument, and fine if you want to do that. But you must agree that "too old" "matronly" "dowdy and frumpy" aren't terms of endearment and crop up here all to often. 

My feeling is no more important that yours; but it is am important, and can be voiced same as. 

Respected Contributor

I've seen some very attractive ladies' tuxedos.  This is not one of them.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Too heavy. Too boxy.

Too old.

@Ms tyrion2  Because when you wear transparent clothing you are looking trashy.  Sorry.  There are limits to everything aren't there?  Any style of clothing can be taken to the extremes and be bizarre, matronly, trashy.  

My comments are that I think people dress the way they want to be seen, what does see through clothing say about a person?  Really?  

You can make an extreme case for any argument, and fine if you want to do that. But you must agree that "too old" "matronly" "dowdy and frumpy" aren't terms of endearment and crop up here all to often. 

My feeling is no more important that yours; but it is am important, and can be voiced same as. 

@Sooner,

You are determined to argue this into next week.

I'm done.

You know the old saying about opinions...

Esteemed Contributor

No. The jacket has strange laser cutouts in the shape of arrows or anchors or birds. The whole outfit looks like she borrowed it from her dad.

Honored Contributor

Looks like something I saw the waiters wearing in a nice restaurant in Manhattan we used to dine in.

I think with her great figure, she could have found something a lot more flattering.

I like pantsuits but they need to be well tailored and feminine.

Honored Contributor

Not fond of this one.  She's a very pretty woman.  This outfit is too "harsh".