Super Contributor

Re: Little Fashion Annoyances.

On 3/14/2015 ECBG said:
On 3/14/2015 kittymomNC said:

A lot of people may not realize it, but 3/4 sleeves actually make you look slimmer, if you're comparing them to long sleeves. I don't know if you like long sleeves or short ones.

Every time I demonstrated this at a fashion show, the ladies couldn't push their sleeves up fast enough. Even when I saw someone later whom I had met previously, they would laugh and say "I haven't worn my sleeves down since you showed us that!" Smile Wink

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} They're also great for when you don't want a lot to show but you don't want the added warmth of pushed up. Great for cool spring and HOT early fall.

Both of you can have all the 3/4 sleeves ... I'm not wearing them.

Honored Contributor

I don't like shoes that are too heavy. Even sandals can be heavy, seems to give me blisters.

I don't like a handbag you have to carry with your hands, I need something that at least will to your elbow.

I don't like cap sleeves. I like short sleeves, sleeveless or tank top sleeves, but no cap sleeves for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind color contrast in clothing or shoes....

However I HATE 3/4 sleeves...they look so unfinished.....either you out grew the item...or it shrank in the laundry....they never look complete....

My preference is long sleeves or elbow length...please don't let me see cap sleeves...horrible...

Esteemed Contributor

None of the things mentioned so far in this thread bother me at all. In fact, I really like many of them (3/4 sleeves, v necklines, white, etc.). I do, however, have an unnatural hatred for the color of orange. I will never wear orange or rust --and I think most people look terrible in this color. Again, this is just my opinion. (Orange clothes kind of remind me of Halloween or a prison outfit)
Super Contributor

On 3/14/2015 Goldengate8361 said: None of the things mentioned so far in this thread bother me at all. In fact, I really like many of them (3/4 sleeves, v necklines, white, etc.). I do, however, have an unnatural hatred for the color of orange. I will never wear orange or rust --and I think most people look terrible in this color. Again, this is just my opinion. (Orange clothes kind of remind me of Halloween or a prison outfit)

I do like (and wear) some shades of orange ... and I do have to think that some people look awful in that color.

But - that's their problem not mine.

Super Contributor

My arms are sort of on the long side...3/4 makes them look even longer. Do not like 3/4

Inexpensive rayon blouses or tops with a label : Dry Clean Only. I never dry clean anything unless its is a wool coat.

Pancake flat sandals - just the flat sole, 1/4" , no arch support

Dusty, hot, smelly dressing rooms in stores

Respected Contributor

Not a fan of color block clothing but don't mind it in shoes or bags and dislike platform high heels. I have never seen anyone walk gracefully in them (but I am sure there are exceptions) not to mention how huge they look.
Valued Contributor

Pants that are too short and are not meant to be ankle pants.

Pants that are too long...for example, boot cut pants that are so long that they sweep the floor. Why even bother with shoes?

Clothes that have zero give. I don't mind a tailored fit, but please...this is 2015. It is possible to have a tailored fit with a tiny bit of wiggle room. Allows for a more tailored fit, actually.

Chunky heels. Yes, I know they are coming back, and they are hideous; so schoolmarmish.

Purses with an obnoxious amount of logo hardware. Does everybody really need to know what kind of bag I'm carrying? No. I pay a higher price just to have styles without the garb.

Platform heels that are downright dangerous. So over them. I like a SMALL platform, not an extra 3-4 inches under the TOE!

When women wear leggings and their lumpy, dumpy fanny shows. Unless you know for a fact that you have zero lumps and bumps...just cover that mess up. Look in a 3-way mirror, for pete's sake. Get a rear view before the rest of us are forced to.

I'm with those of you who do not like 3/4 sleeves. Detest. It's like the shirt version of mom jeans for many people. Not all, but many.

Flats. Some people have feet dainty enough to pull it off. For all of the rest of you...just stop. You can get a 1 inch heel to give you a little oomph. Besides...flats are not good for your body, from the feet up.

Short, fitted tops and sweaters on people who are too large to be wearing them.

Sweaters that pill.

Cheap, poorly made socks.

Ombre hair. Makes one's hair look extremely unhealthy, imo. Once in a while it looks ok. Most of the time it doesn't.

Waterline eyeliner on most people. Not all.

Honored Contributor

Also, l don't do neon colors... And l don't think culottes/split skirts are flattering. Or cropped pants that are wide at the bottom. Or full-length pants that are too short.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

Fun thread! For me, it is white pants, shoes, or purses; thick/clunky shoes, sandals, or ankle boots with dresses or tight pants (I know it is the fashion, but it is not flattering!); capris or crops worn with clunky athletic shoes; most things purple (it is the color of death to me!); sandals with thick slabs of leather or coverage, particularly thick ankle straps (they look warm and cut up the line of the leg).