Honored Contributor

Re: Literally "Liquid Fiber" tired description

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I bought 2 of her embellished tank tops to wear to summer weddings. They ARE hot, especially when it is very humid. It stuck to me the whole evening, even with the air conditioning. I could have never worn any liquid knit when I was going through Menopause.

I am going to look for some king of jacket to wear with them next Spring.  They are very pretty and I like the fit.

I agree.  I bought FOUR of her liquid knit tee shirts a couple of years ago, thinking they would work well under jackets.  I think I wore them one time each before sending them to Goodwill.  It was like wearing a Hefty bag.  I'm too hot blooded for that.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

It isn't kooky or crazy, either.

You'll put it right on when you get it home.

It's cool on the skin.

It doesn't cling or show lumps and bumps.

And you'll wear it over and over!

You need to buy at least twelve!

Respected Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

I agree that the word is overused. However, if you watch this video from 1949 that explains how synthetic fibers are made, you'll see that it is literally a liquid fiber.

Here's the video

Better Living Through Chemistry

that was very interesting ... the nylon one really creeped me out. Nylon made from Coal!   Coal Tar!

now i know why i hate those nylon pantyhose, nylon camis and any fabric with nylon

Respected Contributor

....as you said "in my opinion".  Which doesn't mean anything at all to the tens of thousands of women who love SG's liquid knit.  We know it's very popular because she sells a lot of it, every year.  If it doesn't work for you, don't listen to her presentations.  Your tv has a mute button.  I'm a big SG fan, she's one of the 3 or 4 QVC vendors that I purchase items from.  Including liquid knit pieces.  I often use the mute button when I've heard a presentation any number of designers and vendors 100 times and I just don't want to hear it again. 

Honored Contributor

Sadly, the misuse of the word "literally" has led to the change of the meaning. The Merriam-Webster dictionary literally now says that literally also means virtually.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literally

Even the Oxford English Dictionary now says that it is colloquially  "Used to indicate that some (freq. conventional) metaphorical or hyperbolical expression is to be taken in the strongest admissible sense: ‘virtually, as good as’; (also) ‘completely, utterly, absolutely’." (Source: http://www.oed.com/view/Entry/109061?redirectedFrom=literally)

We've literally broken the English language.

Esteemed Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Sadly, the misuse of the word "literally" has led to the change of the meaning. The Merriam-Webster dictionary literally now says that literally also means virtually.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literally

Even the Oxford English Dictionary now says that it is colloquially  "Used to indicate that some (freq. conventional) metaphorical or hyperbolical expression is to be taken in the strongest admissible sense: ‘virtually, as good as’; (also) ‘completely, utterly, absolutely’." (Source: http://www.oed.com/view/Entry/109061?redirectedFrom=literally)

We've literally broken the English language.

I agree...."basically".....grates on my nerves just as much....

Trusted Contributor

Liquid Fiber. Sounds to me like something you drink with vodka.