Valued Contributor

Literally "Liquid Fiber" tired description

[ Edited ]

During the fall fashion forecast Sunday night I heard a certain vendor say multiple times that "this is literally liquid fiber", which of course makes absolutely no sense. It drives me crazy how people misuse the word, "literally"   I own two of these SG tops, they came in a pair in an off season sale.  And while they are pleasant to wear, they are literally 90-95% polyester.Liquid knit, in my opinion, Is not cool in the summer time it is actually quite warm and makes me sweat if not in temp controlled environment.

Honored Contributor

Re: Literally "Liquid Fiber" tired description

Totally, lol.
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Regular Contributor

and it literally lasts forever and ever.. Smiley Wink lol

Valued Contributor

Yes!  The overuse (and MISuse) of the word drives me crazy...but not literally, of course.

Honored Contributor

I agree that the word is overused. However, if you watch this video from 1949 that explains how synthetic fibers are made, you'll see that it is literally a liquid fiber.

Here's the video

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Just grateful it's not described as "a tall glass of iced tea" any longer!! 

Contributor

When I get annoyed for SG I know I've been watching QVC way too much.
Literally.
Liquids knit.
Put t in the washing machine and drier.
Never wrinkles or piles. Literally.

Oh gosh when is Fall TV coming back?
Esteemed Contributor

I bought 2 of her embellished tank tops to wear to summer weddings. They ARE hot, especially when it is very humid. It stuck to me the whole evening, even with the air conditioning. I could have never worn any liquid knit when I was going through Menopause.

I am going to look for some king of jacket to wear with them next Spring.  They are very pretty and I like the fit.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Where I live we are in the worst part (to me) of summer .HIGH humidity and temperatures. I just can not wear a high % of polyester, even in air condidtioning (one always has to transition from car, house , or other) and I feel drenched and sticky. I have never worn SG's liquid knit, but I do not fathom how it could be different temperature/comfort wise from other items of the same mix. Personally in this weather cotton is my most comfortable with maybe just a smidgen of stretch--but not 95%.

I do want to try some of her tops for fall. I have no qualms with the material in the other seasons. I love many of her 'placement ' prints. I think she is very talented with making those complimentary. lliterally Smiley Happy I will only buy on the clearance most likely unless I see something just out of this world at regular price.

Valued Contributor

In the 10 seconds or so I watched last night, she said literally at least 4 times. No other vendor is as redundant as she is. And as for this " liquid fiber", I purchased the TSV cardigan with pockets that she had about 3 weeks ago. It came in a bag rolled up. It is STILL wrinkled and will have to be ironed before I can wear it. So much for rolling it in a ball in your suitcase and then wearing it. It is very humid and hot where I live and I cannot possibly wear all this poly this time of year.