Esteemed Contributor

OP is entitled to her opinion.  Although, Lisa Rinna's comments occurred almost three years ago.  I personally don't care for her or line of clothing, and not because of her comments on Instagram.  So, I don't buy.

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

If I recall the incident correctly she was being verbally assaulted on social media and then finally snapped! 

She may be in the public eye but she's still human ! I think we can get over it now

@Andreatoo, I think part of the problem might be that she keeps offending  people. I can't believe I am posting here because I don't  follow Lisa Rinna or know much about her.  But this thread is timely since I had dinner with 2 friends last night.  One of the ladies does shop on QVC and has a daughter that did follow Rinna I guess on Instagram.  So she brought up the subject during dinner. 

Seems that Lisa posted something about mocking people that observe Lent on Instagram.  I think it was posted on this past Ash Wednesday.  Appears that did upset many.  This friend is Catholic and even received an email about the post from a member in her parish that was sent by way of a list serve.  Evidently the news about her post was certainly making the rounds and obviously some people found it offensive.  

I think she has removed the post maybe, but at any rate, what this friend showed me was some of Lisa's comments to people that asked her to think about what she was posting.  All I can say is that her replies & name calling might make a sailor blush.  It did strike me that she must not care about her image or business if she called people those offensive names on a social media site.  And I am far from being a prude.  lol  

So while I don't know much about her I can certainly understand why some people are deeply offended by evidently the way Lisa chooses to conduct herself on social media.   Many don't care and that is absolutely fine.  But some do care and choose to speak out and that is fine too. 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

Why have we all become so unforgiving. We not only expect everyone to be perfect, but they have to be perfect in a way we agree with. I don't know what all these supposed slights were, but I think we need to get over it and be a little more forgiving.Smiley Happy

I think for some of these posters, it's a form of entertainment.  Insulting shoppers, styles they don't like or wear something to relieve boredom and angst in their lives. Doesn't impact my choices or shopping. No worries, their preferred brands & styles-Quacker, D&C will be back soon...

I am sure you can relate as your form of entertainment includes insulting the shoppers on this board.

Exhibit A.

Agree with your post @QueenDanceALot

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t care about her comments I just care about the clothes, and I love her cargo pants.  I have 5 pair, a blouse & a duster.  Think about all Joan Rivers comments and her stuff sold like wildfire and still does.  Life’s too short.

Respected Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

If I recall the incident correctly she was being verbally assaulted on social media and then finally snapped! 

She may be in the public eye but she's still human ! I think we can get over it now

@Andreatoo, I think part of the problem might be that she keeps offending  people. I can't believe I am posting here because I don't  follow Lisa Rinna or know much about her.  But this thread is timely since I had dinner with 2 friends last night.  One of the ladies does shop on QVC and has a daughter that did follow Rinna I guess on Instagram.  So she brought up the subject during dinner. 

Seems that Lisa posted something about mocking people that observe Lent on Instagram.  I think it was posted on this past Ash Wednesday.  Appears that did upset many.  This friend is Catholic and even received an email about the post from a member in her parish that was sent by way of a list serve.  Evidently the news about her post was certainly making the rounds and obviously some people found it offensive.  

I think she has removed the post maybe, but at any rate, what this friend showed me was some of Lisa's comments to people that asked her to think about what she was posting.  All I can say is that her replies & name calling might make a sailor blush.  It did strike me that she must not care about her image or business if she called people those offensive names on a social media site.  And I am far from being a prude.  lol  

So while I don't know much about her I can certainly understand why some people are deeply offended by evidently the way Lisa chooses to conduct herself on social media.   Many don't care and that is absolutely fine.  But some do care and choose to speak out and that is fine too. 

@pitdakota

This is what caused the latest firestorm. Lisa was watching Chris Cuomo on CNN on Ash Wednesday. During the interview she noticed that he and his guests had ashes on their foreheads. She went on a bizarre instagram rant making a joke about Catholics and Lenten ashes. Something that many Christians hiold very sacred. One day she is going to get her due. She is a foul mouth obnoxious woman. Yes she removed the post. I'm sure her publicist had to point out that it is inappropriate to insult the religious beliefs of individuals. 

Valued Contributor

Here is my take on this.  She is not a designer, she is a celebraty, selling herself.  QVC hires her to sell their fashions, none much different that D & Co or Susan Graver.  I am not attracted to her at all.  I suspect Martha Stewart does have some creative imput in her fashion, and Louis is his own designer.  However they have to make $'s per min, and they must or they wouldn't keep hiring her.  Obviously our posts mean nothing, except to us.  

Respected Contributor

It's ok to shop by your beliefs. I won't buy My Pillow stuff or Paula Deen stuff. I know others do and that's fine with me.

I won't tell you what to buy and you do the same for me. Everyone is happy. End of story.

Esteemed Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:
...I think part of the problem might be that she keeps offending  people. ...

I think she has removed the post maybe, but at any rate, what this friend showed me was some of Lisa's comments to people that asked her to think about what she was posting.  All I can say is that her replies & name calling might make a sailor blush.  ...

maybe she makes money saying offensive things and wom't stop necause she likes money more than being a good person. seems to be a trend these days...

Esteemed Contributor

@barrel racer joan rivers was a sharp observer of society and human nature and a very funny one at that.  She thoroughly researched and crafted her statements.  Lisa Rinna is a celebrity housewife. I have no issue with you enjoying her clothes.  obviouly enough people are buying them for qvc to put them on tv.  taste is individual.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@pitdakota wrote:
...I think part of the problem might be that she keeps offending  people. ...

I think she has removed the post maybe, but at any rate, what this friend showed me was some of Lisa's comments to people that asked her to think about what she was posting.  All I can say is that her replies & name calling might make a sailor blush.  ...

maybe she makes money saying offensive things and wom't stop necause she likes money more than being a good person. seems to be a trend these days...

Maybe she's just stupid.