Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeautywrote:

@QueenDanceALotwrote:

@SoXwrote:

@QueenDanceALotwrote:

@QueenDanceALotwrote:

@SoXwrote:

@QueenDanceALotwrote:

How many "designers" who show up on shopping channels are actually designers?

10%?

Not even ... I can think of only three who actually studied design and were classically trained

O.K., let me guess....

Antthony on HSN

Bob Mackey

Louis Del Olio

P,S.  Math has never been my strong suit.  ha

Oh, wait, I forgot Isaac M.

@QueenDanceALot

I didn't include Antthony on HSN ... my bad.

You mean I got the others right?

You know, I think that Serena Williams went to design school, too, didn't she?  Or did she just "study" design?

I think Evine is 0 for 0.

How about: Halston, Marc Jacobs, Lori Goldstein, Dennis Basso, Isaac Mizrahi, Susan Graver just to name a few.

Marc Jacobs has a line on QVC?  Or any shopping channel? 

Honored Contributor

@Nonametodaywrote:

@QueenDanceALotwrote:

@songbirdwrote:

@QueenDanceALotwrote:

@Kachina624wrote:

@Naturesbeauty.  Its very obvious Isaac never sees the clothes bearing his name until he shows up on the sofa to talk about them.  He sold his company and now just talks about and sells them.

He's still a designer, though.

He is a designer.  But really I can't imagine him hunched over a board and designing for QVC!   For one thing, the clothes would be a lot more expensive then it is now.  In the beginning he had teams that puts the clothing together.  He probably looked it over and gave thumbs up or down.  Now he's just a rep for them.  It gives him extra money.  Truthfully I don't know if he is as popular as he was.  His better clothing line gets a lot of crticism.

I can't really imagine ANY of the real designers designing for QVC.  I bet they all have someone else doing it.  They might advise, but I doubt they actually do the design.

@QueenDanceALot  You don't think LDO and Bob Mackie do theirs when they actually bring their original rendering/sketch with them?  Just sayin'.

@Nonametoday

OK, then I guess I could be wrong!  AS MUCH AS THAT DOESN'T SUIT ME Cat LOL

I really don't watch either one for more than a few minutes.  I haven't seen LDO on air with a sketch, but I think I have seen Mackie with one a time or two.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot.  Louis always has a big board on display with all his sketches every show. He also has everything on his blog along with his designs and jewelry on mannequins.

Occasional Contributor

Did anyone else see her dancing during the end of the show.  I think she was embarassed and didn't know what to do so she started dancing and acting silly almost like she had been drinking.  

Respected Contributor

I loved it  when she acted silly...and she said the top could be worn either way and she liked it turned around like they were showing towards the end of the show..she is too cute!