Respected Contributor

Re: Lisa's reason for being on Project Runway Tonight

On 1/22/2015 TrailBlazer05 said:
On 1/22/2015 KatCat1 said:

What I can't believe is the interest in her Lisa's life and where she is going. Let it go! If she wants anyone to know what she plans on doing, she will announce it. It's like an obsession with all the threads about Lisa.

I agree but I also think Lisa creates it herself. She told viewers on her final show on QVC to please keep in touch with her on her new FB page and we'll be on this "NEW journey" with her together. Well since then all she has posted about is food, exercising and places she dines/visits. It seems like a whole lot of self worship. So hence the reason I think so many people are curious about where she is going because she apparently didn't have anything lined up. All Lisa keeps saying is she's still trying to figure it out and when she knows, then she'll let everyone else know. Well that's a wide open statement if I ever heard one before.

Isn't that the very nature of Facebook? Everyone I know who is on it talks about themselves. Boring!
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/22/2015 Q2girl said:

What I can't believe is the interest in her Lisa's life and where she is going. Let it go! If she wants anyone to know what she plans on doing, she will announce it. It's like an obsession with all the threads about Lisa.

I agree but I also think Lisa creates it herself. She told viewers on her final show on QVC to please keep in touch with her on her new FB page and we'll be on this "NEW journey" with her together. Well since then all she has posted about is food, exercising and places she dines/visits. It seems like a whole lot of self worship. So hence the reason I think so many people are curious about where she is going because she apparently didn't have anything lined up. All Lisa keeps saying is she's still trying to figure it out and when she knows, then she'll let everyone else know. Well that's a wide open statement if I ever heard one before.

Isn't that the very nature of Facebook? Everyone I know who is on it talks about themselves. Boring!

That hasn't been my experience at all.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

pretty much sums up what most of FB is whether we're talking celebrities or the family next door

if you don't like the person/Lisa, it's bad

If you do, then it's all okay.

I never felt Lisa was a self-worshipper, but I'm also not headed to FB to find out what she ate for lunch. If it's important, I was there.

Super Contributor

Oh she will be back, their is no other place for her to go and get the attention she so wants. I think she actually loves people hanging on her every word, wanting attention. Just buck up, get another job, dont tell people your every move, just be normal and get on with it like most people do in life.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/22/2015 Nancy Drew said:
On 1/22/2015 Q2girl said:

That hasn't been my experience at all.

That hasn't been my experience either. It all depends on who you choose as your FB friends. It always makes me laugh when people complain about what's on their newsfeed or what their friends post. We all choose who to friend and we all decide what we see. So maybe they should choose more interesting friends and adjust their settings!

I think it's obvious that Lisa is doing everything she can to hold onto her fan base so they'll keep following her career. I don't like her or dislike her, but I don't fault her at all for doing that. A public figure FB page is different than a regular page. They're intended to market the public figure, and that's what she's doing. Most of us with "regular" pages aren't marketing ourselves - it's an entirely different thing.

And I agree that it certainly seems she doesn't have anything lined up, so she'll just keep posting the photos & things she's been posting, hoping to keep people interested in her. I wonder how many will lose interest, though, if she continues to post such shallow stuff while she figures things out, especially if it goes on for a long time.

Super Contributor

Just saw the beginning of the show and I was surprised how different Lisa looks without the soft focus of QVC lighting and all the photoshopped pics of her we see on FB. Wow!

I really noticed that too as I follow her on FB. She posts photos a lot and looks fab and flawless altho she admits she uses the filter on her phone.

Honored Contributor

On 1/22/2015 kahootz said:

Somebody should just post the deer eating popcorn right now and be done with it.

Super Contributor

Just saw the beginning of the show and I was surprised how different Lisa looks without the soft focus of QVC lighting and all the photoshopped pics of her we see on FB. Wow!

I agree, it was surprising. She looked every bit her age. Nothing wrong with that at all, but surprising for someone who seems to worship at the altar of youth, and raved about so many anti aging products.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't usually watch Project Runway but I did tonight out of curiosity. Then out of curiosity, I checked out this thread. What seems so strange to me is that all the people who don't seem to care for Lisa and/or are glad she's gone, keep telling everyone else to "let it go", but the only ones who seem to be posting here are the ones who are saying that! I don't even see any posts from so-called "Lisa Lovers"... maybe a couple who like Lisa, but not the ones you keep referring to who you think are "obsessed" with her. Instead of telling others to let it go, maybe practice what you preach?

Seriously, "what is wrong with these people", "let it go", and "don't they have a life?". Seems like they're getting on with theirs, but most of the ones posting here are the ones who can't let go.. just keep on bashing even though she's gone. (And just so you know, if you decide to lambast me for saying it, feel free.)

Weird....{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Respected Contributor

On 1/22/2015 QMaven said:

I agree, it was surprising. She looked every bit her age. Nothing wrong with that at all, but surprising for someone who seems to worship at the altar of youth, and raved about so many anti aging products.
it was a little bit of a surprise to see her without filters and the face tune app she uses on her pics. She looked more her age. I was not surprised to see her in her GILI items or her pair of Louboutins. I always wAtch Project Runway....this was not a watch to bash LR.I wonder how her Facebook chat went? What did y'all think of the winner and her comments on the designs?