Super Contributor

Re: Lisa's reason for being on Project Runway Tonight

On 1/23/2015 Bestdressed said:
On 1/23/2015 qwarkster said:
On 1/23/2015 Amazinggrace2 said:
On 1/23/2015 LipstickDiva said:
On 1/23/2015 brii said:

Lisa is now hosting, designing, producing, and directing Project Runway. That is why she left QVC. After Project Runway, she is going to be taking over Joan's line in between doing segments for Evine.

Hopefully, she still has time to roast veggies and go kart.

So the Food Network gig, Roasting Vegetables with Lisa, didn't pan out?

Oh, LipstickDiva, I nearly sprayed my computer screen with coffee with that. I think I love you, lol.

Some thoughts on the show: Have been curious as to what Lisa 'really' looks like without the copious photo shopped and filtered self- images she posts. Surprised but not surprised as to how much she looks, well, just like the rest of us....an attractive woman for sure, but with average skin, body type and hair. Recently she posted a heavily photo shopped image of herself in the gym, with arms ripped beyond belief. On QVC, her arms were normal. S

The designers: Now that was jaw-dropping. The 'ready to wear' assignment for QVC marketing--read: Average Woman---oh my goodness. Electric blue midriff baring neoprene? Believe me, no one wants to see me in this. No one. I, too, didn't think any of the designers had even watched one hour of QVC in their lifetime.

Sometimes I think QVC is high art, lol. Unintentionally funny, ill-conceived drama, and head shaking confessions. But I do watch.

And occasionally purchase.

I noticed that photo-shopping as well. In a previous 'It's All About the Plank' routine her arms showed no such definition. That's just one example of all the make believe in LR's self-promotion. I sometimes I think she just gets into a pose and has her picture taken. I don't see any sweat -- ever. I do see lots of makeup, perfectly coifed hair and snappy expressions you wouldn't see if concentrating on a full blown workout. Well there is that one video where she's slamming a medicine ball in slow motion, which only accentuates her losing control of it at the end. She didn't impress me as a host and her self-promotion is repetitive, desperate and painful to see, trying to be coy, cute and down-to-earth. She rarely, if ever, responds to any of those loving fans which is somewhat telling about who she is and how she operates. She's very self absorbed and one sided. Can't admire that.

As for PR, after seeing a couple shows, I don't waste my time on it.

I do watch QVC to make comparisons, and it always falls short. I haven't purchased anything from QVC in years.

Wow...I would never deeply analyze anyone looking for defects of character. It is funny how each of us view the world though.

No deep analysis needed. I thought it was quite apparent simply looking at the pictures. Some people pick up nuances while to others it's all a big blur. Some people see a green tree. Others see all variation of color making up the different hues of green of the same tree. It's all there if you care to pay attention. How one sees things affects their views. Therefore, to me, Lisa is quite disingenuous, while to her fan base she's the cat's meow and they lap it all up as given. Facebook is perfect to put on a facade, but one should be consistent or your integrity slips. Again, to most that doesn't matter.

Super Contributor

On 1/24/2015 qwarkster said:
On 1/23/2015 brii said:

Lisa is now hosting, designing, producing, and directing Project Runway. That is why she left QVC. After Project Runway, she is going to be taking over Joan's line in between doing segments for Evine.

Oh, LipstickDiva, I nearly sprayed my computer screen with coffee with that. I think I love you, lol.

Some thoughts on the show: Have been curious as to what Lisa 'really' looks like without the copious photo shopped and filtered self- images she posts. Surprised but not surprised as to how much she looks, well, just like the rest of us....an attractive woman for sure, but with average skin, body type and hair. Recently she posted a heavily photo shopped image of herself in the gym, with arms ripped beyond belief. On QVC, her arms were normal. S

The designers: Now that was jaw-dropping. The 'ready to wear' assignment for QVC marketing--read: Average Woman---oh my goodness. Electric blue midriff baring neoprene? Believe me, no one wants to see me in this. No one. I, too, didn't think any of the designers had even watched one hour of QVC in their lifetime.

Sometimes I think QVC is high art, lol. Unintentionally funny, ill-conceived drama, and head shaking confessions. But I do watch.

I noticed that photo-shopping as well. In a previous 'It's All About the Plank' routine her arms showed no such definition. That's just one example of all the make believe in LR's self-promotion. I sometimes I think she just gets into a pose and has her picture taken. I don't see any sweat -- ever. I do see lots of makeup, perfectly coifed hair and snappy expressions you wouldn't see if concentrating on a full blown workout. Well there is that one video where she's slamming a medicine ball in slow motion, which only accentuates her losing control of it at the end. She didn't impress me as a host and her self-promotion is repetitive, desperate and painful to see, trying to be coy, cute and down-to-earth. She rarely, if ever, responds to any of those loving fans which is somewhat telling about who she is and how she operates. She's very self absorbed and one sided. Can't admire that.

I do watch QVC to make comparisons, and it always falls short. I haven't purchased anything from QVC in years.

Wow...I would never deeply analyze anyone looking for defects of character. It is funny how each of us view the world though.

No deep analysis needed. I thought it was quite apparent simply looking at the pictures. Some people pick up nuances while to others it's all a big blur. Some people see a green tree. Others see all variation of color making up the different hues of green of the same tree. It's all there if you care to pay attention. How one sees things affects their views. Therefore, to me, Lisa is quite disingenuous, while to her fan base she's the cat's meow and they lap it all up as given. Facebook is perfect to put on a facade, but one should be consistent or your integrity slips. Again, to most that doesn't matter.

ITA. This-- I found her to be quite disingenuous also, that is the problem I had with her when she was at QVC. She lost a lot of credibility with me for many reasons.

Super Contributor

On 1/23/2015 luvtoshopathome said:
On 1/23/2015 QMaven said:
On 1/23/2015 maggiemay said:
On 1/23/2015 culebra said:

Lisa could not be too disliked. 1800+ people chatted and commented with her tonight.

1800 people did not chat / comment

You're correct - it was over 1900 comments.

I was responding to the post that said 1800 people commented. They did not. The post mentioned people. You mentioned comments. There is a difference.
I think you've mentioned that before and just tell me why does it bother you about how many people commented on her FB page? Why do you even go there because you certainly are not a "fan" of Lisa's. I just don't get it.
Where did I say I cared about how many people commented on Facebook? Because I made an accurate statement? How does that make me "obviously not a fan of Lisa?" You shouldn't make presumptions.
Believe me, I'm not making presumptions, I've read many of your posts regarding Lisa.
Then you are indeed making presumptions. If you've been reading my posts, then you have way too much time on your hands.
Trusted Contributor

On 1/24/2015 qwarkster said:
On 1/23/2015 brii said:

Absurd! 101 posts...100 are about ridiculing LR and 1 post about how to seed a pomegranate.

You must be going through withdrawl. No big blur ... I see things how they really are.

p.s. I am not a fan...I do not follow LR's facebook & every move she makes either.

Super Contributor

On 1/23/2015 busygirl said:

Why is she still listed on the blogs section of QVC. The others who move on aren't.

They yanked her pix and info off the host page a hot minute after her last show and her posts stopped on the Q Facebook page then. Also I don't see her linking to or endorsing any QVC products on her new FB page since she left the Q. I think they're phasing her out slowly waiting for the Project Runway to be over and the GILI line to end. Jmho though.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/24/2015 QMaven said:

Lisa could not be too disliked. 1800+ people chatted and commented with her tonight.

I was responding to the post that said 1800 people commented. They did not. The post mentioned people. You mentioned comments. There is a difference.
I think you've mentioned that before and just tell me why does it bother you about how many people commented on her FB page? Why do you even go there because you certainly are not a "fan" of Lisa's. I just don't get it.
Where did I say I cared about how many people commented on Facebook? Because I made an accurate statement? How does that make me "obviously not a fan of Lisa?" You shouldn't make presumptions.
Believe me, I'm not making presumptions, I've read many of your posts regarding Lisa.
Then you are indeed making presumptions. If you've been reading my posts, then you have way too much time on your hands.
Oh please, give me a break. I always read threads about Lisa because yes I enjoyed and liked her as a host. I don't understand why you read them since you never had anything good to say. So, of course, I read many posts by certain people who were apparently not fans and said some really nasty things about her which I found unnecessary and disrespectful. I can say the same for you that you have too much time on your hands since you always seem to post on any thread about Lisa. I have a life and am not on these boards 24/7 or even every day.
Super Contributor

On 1/25/2015 luvtoshopathome said:
On 1/24/2015 QMaven said:

Oh please, give me a break. I always read threads about Lisa because yes I enjoyed and liked her as a host. I don't understand why you read them since you never had anything good to say. So, of course, I read many posts by certain people who were apparently not fans and said some really nasty things about her which I found unnecessary and disrespectful. I can say the same for you that you have too much time on your hands since you always seem to post on any thread about Lisa. I have a life and am not on these boards 24/7 or even every day.
6 You are quite mistaken when you say I have posted nasty things about Lisa and comment on every thread that is about her.That is simply not the case. I comment on a variety of posts and have never made a nasty remark against Lisa. Never. One does not need be "fan" to make a legitimate comment. Any comments I make are based on objective observation of her as a salesperson. Never have I made a nasty remark, nor would I. Perhaps you have mistaken me for another poster.
Honored Contributor

Lisa is no longer on the Q. In order to know what Lisa is doing you must now seek her out unless, of course, you're getting a newsletter delivered to your door. Since I'm certain that's not the case then I have to ask; why do you continue to seek her out to comment on when you clearly don't like her? you are not accidentally stumbling across her you are actively researching what she's doing. Why bother?