Respected Contributor

Re: Lisa's Classic, Italian, Stunning Necklace!!!

@chrystaltree wrote:

I might have considered it if it was gold over silver but I'm not at all interested in gold over bronze.  And before it begins, Bronzo is not gold plating over bronze.  There's no chance of the gold or rhodium wearing off and showing the bronze underneath. 

Honestly until you wrote this, I never considered what  the difference is between Bronzo, gold or silver over bronze, or gold over silver. I will Google that later but I just never thought about what it all was or was not.  As many jewelry shows,threads,etc as I have been exposed to and yet  no idea...Duh!Lol

Honored Contributor

@birkin baby wrote:

Jackthebear,

I have Dolce K and Candy K. They are thinner consistency, dry fast, and last . Colors are nice. Liners are not self sharpening.  They are,to me,less dry feeling than most matte liquid lipstick.  I want the black one but it's of course sold out,lol.  I haven't tried the metal or gloss ones.  I did buy NYX like lip suede in Stone Fox yesterday, just to get the vibe of a dark lip. It is a dark blue/ gray. Katy Perry has a black semi matte lipstick that is flying off the shelves. Maybelline has a BOLD line with a nice black/ blue lipstick. I love that look.      

😃Sorry, Chi-town girl, I know this is a jewelry /fashion topic, and I tried to make it short.

@birkin baby - no problem! Your post prompted me to check out that lip product, lol. I love it!

There are a number of dupes or alternatives. I was reading about the one sold on Etsy that is from small batches, hand poured. Please post a review of what you end up buying. I'm interested!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

I would prefer buying from a reputable dealer in fashion jewelry who buys and sells in large numbers for not only a better price but also for standing by returns. Also just as in GILI, I'm not willing to pay high prices for a Q team or pay for a LR necklace that she likes, who presents them one by one and just a few, so she doesn't absorb costs of not all selling. This is more like just selling to friends of yours because they like you. Sort of doing you a favor.

Trusted Contributor

From a marketing point of view, are her primary customers only those who follow her on FB?

Are these women going to keep buying her offerings? At some point, I see that they will tire of the same old, same old and stop buying.

Then who will she market these items to? As I already mentioned, it looks like the website is stagnant so I can't imagine new, outside people are hitting up the website.

Honored Contributor

@birkin baby wrote:

I am curious to know how many of each of the items she  starts with? I'm sure she and her assistant know how many "tribe " members there are, and how many post the desire to buy her items. It would seem she would be better at gauging sales demand. That's definitely something ANY savvy business start-up would/should  track. So  Maybe the point is to sell out early.

Example...My friend makes,a delicious corn casserole. Every holiday it is anticipated like crazy. He only makes a certain amount so there is not quite enough and  definitely no seconds to go around.  Everyone clamours about it and it is in high demand the next time. July 4th will be a mad jump for the corn. He doesn't give the recipe. He laughs at how he made his corn famous by keeping the supply scarce.

It this is part of her plan and I'm not saying it is,it seems to be working,lol. 

I'd like to know what amount she starts off with too.  But don't you think this is good marketing?  She creates a frenzy because every piece she's offered so far sells out.  Then she takes orders from those who missed out.

So she gets to keep her inventory low which means not a lot of money out of her pocket, she sells through those and then takes orders for future orders.  I wonder if you place an order on waitlist, do you have to pay up front?  I wonder what the return rate is on her stuff?  

This is like QVC doing advanced orders on so many of the pieces when they broadcast from Italy last year.  

Super Contributor

Lipstick Diva, you may have hit upon something! The key to how many items are available may be tied to what Italy is willing to allow since Q did advance orders. Don't know, Just a thought.

Respected Contributor

This necklace does't look anything that special. I wouldn't purchase from her line as like other's who have tried to sell lines of their own. I am not impressed.